New in Veeva CRM 17R2
The following changes are available to all licensed users of a given product. Instructions to configure these options are discussed in each topic and in the Veeva CRM product documentation.
Deprecation of PDA and Blackberry Veeva Messages in 17R3
In 17R3, all Veeva Messages with the category of PDA or Blackberry that are no longer being used will be removed.
Please review any custom code to ensure you are no longer using the deprecated Veeva Messages before 17R3 is released.
Salesforce Disabling TLS 1.0
Salesforce requires an upgrade to TLS 1.1 or higher by July 22, 2017 to align with industry best practices for security and data integrity. On that date, Salesforce will begin disabling TLS 1.0. The following actions are required to prevent any disruption to your production / sandbox instances.
- Ensure TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 encryption protocol is enabled within your browser security settings.
- Discontinue use of browser which do not support TLS 1.1 and above to access salesforce.
- Ensure SSO servers have TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 enabled.
- Review the salesforce documentation for additional required actions.
Developer Release Notes
For updates and edits to information on the Developer Portal, see the Developer Release Notes on the Developer Portal.
VisualForce Pages with Clickjack Protection
If Clickjack protection is enabled, do not embed Veeva VisualForce pages in a regular page layout if a button or tab is provided to navigate to that VisualForce page. VisualForce pages are not designed to be embedded and may prevent loading the parent page when Clickjack Protection is enabled.
Enhanced Offline Sync
Mobile (or offline) devices are now more resilient to scenarios where network loss may occur. There is no functional or behavior change to the end user as a result of this enhancement.
Note: After the 17R2 upgrade the improved sync process will run for the first time. This initial sync may take longer than usual but will return to normal after this first sync.
- Account Management
- Account Sales Dashboard
- Accessing MyInsights from Accounts
- Additional Actions from the Account Profile View
- Displaying Account Hierarchy for Child Accounts
- Product Metrics for Child Accounts
- Account Planning
- Enhancements to Account Plan Dashboard
- Account Plan Notes
- Account Plan Dashboard Online
- Call Reporting
- Attaching Expense Receipts for SAP Concur
- Call Report Sampling
- Capturing Signatures for Controlled Substances
- Syncing Parent and Child Call DateTimes
- Sample Limit Merges
- Auto Sync After Capturing Acknowledgment of Content (AOC)
- Key Medical Insights Home Page
- Medical Inquiries
- Create Medical Inquiries from Account Views
- Order Management
- Enhanced Bundle Packs
- Fixed Unit of Measure on Order Lines
- Selecting Wholesaler Priority
Scheduling and Planning
- Displaying the Last Activity Date for Each Channel and Product
- Supporting Product Metrics Pull-Through Fields for MCCP
- Call Planning
- Call Cycle for Child Account
- My Schedule
- Display By in My Schedule
- MCCP Filtering in My Schedule
- Surveys in Events Management
- Entering Event Team Members
- Enhanced Search for Venue
- Display Status and Owner on the Events List
- SAP Concur Integration with Events Management Expenses
- Approved Email
- Calendar Reminders for Engage Meeting
- Defining Vault Endpoints and Where Clauses
- Personalizing Approved Emails
- Requiring Free Text Fields in Approved Email
- Supporting Parent Call DateTime Tokens
- Using Approved Email for Consent Capture Receipts
- Single-Doc Publishing
- Capturing Consent
- Consent Capture Initial State
- Engage Meeting Booking Agent
- Engage Meeting Attendance Tracking
- Hiding Video Tiles on Attendee Screen
Filter by Account Type in My Accounts and My Schedule
Windows 8 and 10 users can now filter accounts by Business and Person Accounts. See Account Type Filter for more details.
Enhanced Account Creation
Windows 8 and 10 and iPad users can now view Account Fields (required and optional) when creating a new Account using the Parent Account Wizard or the New Account Wizard. See Enhanced Account Creation for more details.
Filtering Multichannel Activity Alerts
Windows users can now filter which Multichannel Alerts display on the CRM Home Page. This allows users to view information relevant to specific product and activity types. For more information, see Home Page.
Windows 8 and 10 users can now search the CLM media library to quickly find presentations. See Searching in CLM for more information.
Display Account Hierarchy for Parent Accounts on the Schedule Calls Sidebar
So that Windows 8 and 10 users can efficiently find an Account when adding a Call in My Schedule, Account Hierarchies are now available in the Schedule Calls sidebar. See Account Hierarchy for more information.
Mass Update for Attendees
Windows 8 and 10 users can now perform mass updates on Attendees of an event. This allows for better management of Events with a large number of Attendees. See Mass Update for Attendees for more information.
Windows 8 and 10 users can now create Sample Inventories from the My Samples page using the New Inventory link. This provides the ability for a user to create a physical inventory count of all the Sample Lots currently marked as Active. See Sample Inventories for more information.