Capturing Unique Information on Group Call Attendees
- Browser (Classic)
- CRM Desktop (Mac (Sandbox Beta),Windows)
- Windows Tablet
Unique activities on group calls enable users to capture specific information for each HCP selected as an attendee on a group call. Depending on unique activities configuration, users can capture unique information on the following:
This enables users to more accurately record and report field activities, and to record sampling to HCPs with differing sample statuses on the same group call. To capture unique information on group call attendees, the parent call must be against a business account.
For example, Sarah Jones meets with Dr. Ackerman, Dr. Beacher, and Dr. Kahlam at Newton Memorial Hospital. She creates a call for the Newton Memorial Hospital account, and then she selects Dr. Ackerman, Dr. Beacher, and Dr. Kahlam as call attendees. From the call report, Sarah opens each HCP’s individual call report and records the information relevant to the HCP.
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
Configuring Unique Activities on Group Calls
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable unique activities:
Create a new page layout for group calls with unique activities.
Group calls with unique activities and regular group calls have different fields on the call report, data structure for the call, and save functionality, and so require separate page layouts.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the zvod_Unique_Group_Activities_vod marker field.
Add the zvod_Unique_Group_Activities_vod marker field to the desired Call2_vod page layout in the section containing the zvod_Attendees_vod field.
- Add the desired parent and child fields on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts (optional). Parent and child fields capture independent information for the same fields on the business account call page and the attendee call page. The available parent and child fields are:
- Call Name
Ensure parent and child fields are not placed in any of the attendee-specific control sections (Call Details, Call Discussions, Medical Discussions, Call Key Messages, CLM Key Messages, or Call Samples). Fields in attendee-specific control sections do not display on the business account call page.
- Add the desired parent only fields on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts to capture information that should be the same across all attendees (optional). The available parent only fields are:
- Account Plan
- Call Conflict Status
- Record Type
Ensure parent only fields are not placed in any of the attendee-specific control sections (Call Details, Call Discussions, Medical Discussions, Call Key Messages, CLM Key Messages, or Call Samples). If a parent only field is added to one of these sections, the field may not display on the business account call page and may display as read only on the attendee call page.
- Add a new section to the appropriate call page layouts with the section name Unique_Person_Fields_vod to capture information for person account specific fields on the attendee call page, and add any desired fields to this section (optional).
- Add the desired child only fields to either the attendee-specific control sections or to the Unique_Person_Fields_vod section on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts to capture additional information specific to each attendee (optional). The available child only fields are:
- Sample Card #
- Sample Send Card #
- Sample Card Reason
- Supervising Physician
Defining Parent and Child Fields
Parent and child fields are fields that contain unique values for both the business account (parent) call record and the attendee (child) call record. Parent and child fields display on both the business account call record and the attendee call record, but are editable and independent on each. This enables users to capture different call information for the same fields on the main business account call records and the individual attendee call records. These fields are optional.
Defining Parent Only Fields
Parent only fields are fields set on the business account (parent) call page and copied to the attendee (child) call records. Parent only fields display on both the business account call page and the attendee call page. This maintains one set of values for the defined parent only fields across all call records for a group call, which can increase call reporting efficiency and accuracy for fields that should be the same across calls. These fields are optional.
Defining Unique Person Fields
Unique person fields enable users to capture information for person account specific fields on the attendee call page. Admins can configure unique person fields to display information specific to each attendee on the attendee (child) call page for group calls against a business account, or for individual calls against person accounts. Fields contained within this section display on attendee (child) call pages for group calls with unique activities enabled. The header for this section does not display on the call report.
Child only fields are fields unique to the attendee (child) call record that do not contain a value for the business account (parent) call record. These fields are optional.
Child only fields must be added to either the Unique_Person_Fields_vod section (if configured) or an attendee-specific control section. If a child only field is not configured in one of these sections, the field does not display on either the business account (parent) call page or on the attendee (child) call page. For sample calls where a paper signature or a supervising physician is required, incorrect configuration of child only fields can prevent a user from submitting a call.
Using Unique Activities on Group Calls
The business account (parent) call page acts as a hub for information that is common to all call attendees. However, attendee-specific activities, parent and child fields, and child only fields are recorded on individual call attendee records. The fields and controls displayed in attendee-specific control sections (Call Details, Call Discussions, Medical Discussions, Call Key Messages, CLM Key Messages, or Call Samples) are hidden on the business account call page and instead display on attendee call pages. For these fields, users capture data and make edits on the individual attendee call pages linked in the Attendees section of the business account call page.
To record samples or promotional items for call attendees, select the appropriate attendee's name to display the child call report.
Add products to the Samples and Promotional Items section of the child call report as usual (see Selecting Products for more information). If Adding Multiple Products to the Call Report is enabled, the mass sampling window displays.
Users can choose whether to record Call Objectives and CLM Key Messages on the business account call page or on attendee call pages. Any Action Items display on the call page for the account that the action item is linked to—for example, an Action Item linked to Newton Memorial Hospital displays on the business account page, and an Action Item for Dr. Ackerman displays on Dr. Ackerman’s child call page.
All other call activities are captured in the same way on the business account call page, including Call Expenses (zvod_Expenses_vod) and Follow-up Activities (zvod_Followup_vod). Attendee specific fields are accessible and editable from both the business account call page and the attendee call pages.
As a user records unique activities against attendees on a group call, information icons display on the business account call page to provide users a quick view of the information recorded for each attendee. If a user records samples and promotional items requiring a signature, an icon displays for each attendee notifying the user a signature is needed. Multiple signatures can be captured on the group call. Once the signature is received, a signed icon displays indicating the signature was captured.
Users can select the information icons to view more detailed information about the recorded activity.
In addition, if there is an error that pertains directly to one of the attendees, that error displays as a red error icon in line with the attendee’s icon.
To mass enter detailing, product discussions, or key messages, users select a subset of the call attendees and then select the Record Details button.
Launching CLM Key Messages and Media with Unique Activities
Users can launch CLM Key Messages or media from either the business account call page or directly from an attendee call page. When a user launches media from an attendee call page, the presentation and Key Messages are automatically applied to that attendee.
Launching media from the business account call page allows the user to select which attendee to record the presentation and Key Messages against.
When users display CLM on CRM Desktop (Mac (Sandbox Beta), Windows) platforms, Call2_Key_Message_vod records are only created for accounts. Call2_Key_Message_vod records are not created for contacts or other attendee types.
Recording Call Objectives with Unique Activities
Call Objectives (zvod_Call_Objective_vod) display on both the business account call page and the attendee call page, depending on the account referenced in the Call Objective itself. CLM Objectives only display on the attendee call page.
Using the More Actions Button with Unique Activities
If users have access to create records in other CRM modules via the More Actions button, the sections are supported as follows:
- Medical Inquiry – available from both the business account call page (attendee selection required) and the attendee call pages
- Email – available from both the business account call page and the attendee call pages
- Order – available from the business account call page
- Inventory Monitoring – available from the business account call page
For unique activities child calls on the Browser platforms, the More Actions menu is only available when the child call is in View mode.
To enable users to quickly take action on signature requests, shortcut buttons display for unique activities group call attendees. Select a shortcut button to jump to the appropriate point in the signature request process.
When a signature is required and the user has not requested a signature, a Request Signature button displays next to the attendee’s name in the Attendees section of the call report.
Select the button to launch the signature request page.
When Capturing Remote Signatures Asynchronously for BRC Samples (Sign Later) is enabled, the following shortcut buttons are available, in addition to the Request Signature button:
- Cancel Signature Request - Displays when a signature request is pending. Select the button to launch the Cancel modal, then select Cancel Signature button to confirm the cancellation.
- Review Signature - Displays when the attendee has submitted a signature, but the user has not yet accepted the signature. Select the button to launch the signature review screen.
Rescheduling or Modifying Calls with Unique Activities
When users modify the Call_Datetime_vod field on a unique activities call by rescheduling or modifying existing calls, they can update the Call_Datetime_vod field on the child calls associated with the call report. This feature allows users to avoid manually updating each child call report to reflect changes to the call datetime.
When users reschedule calls using My Schedule, the warning does not display.
When a user updates the parent call’s call datetime for a group call with unique activities, a message displays asking if the new datetime should be copied to all associated child calls. Selecting Yes copies the modified datetime to all of the associated child calls. Selecting No only updates the call datetime of the parent call.
A warning displays if the modified date and time are outside any Call Objectives associated with any child call. Selecting Yes removes the Call Objectives outside the rescheduled date and time from the parent and child calls. Selecting No does not reschedule the call datetime.
This feature is also available when rescheduling or modifying a unique activities call’s date, if Capturing the Call Date Only is enabled.
- For Browser and Windows Tablet users, using the section signals --rd (for Accounts) and --su (for Users) at the same time is not supported when unique activities are enabled on group calls. However, using either the --rd section signal or the --su section signal is supported.
- For iPad and iPhone users, using the section signals --rd (for Accounts) and --su (for Users) at the same time is supported when unique activities are enabled on group calls.
- The Account_vod field cannot be required when the --su (User Attendees) section signal is on the call page layout and unique activities are enabled
- Using the --ns (No Samples) section signal on the attendees section is not supported for group calls with unique activities
- CLM Objectives for Business Accounts are not supported with this feature, nor are Inventory Monitoring or Contract Objectives
- Fields in any of the attendee-specific control sections (Call Details, Call Discussions, Medical Discussions, Call Key Messages, CLM Key Messages, or Call Samples) do not display on the business account call page when unique activities are enabled. Instead, the fields display on the individual child calls.
- Fields placed outside of attendee-specific sections display on the business account call page only, with the exception of Unique Person fields, Child Only fields and Parent and Child fields
- Calls cannot be rescheduled if signatures, samples, or sample order transactions are recorded on the call or on any associated child calls