Capturing Remote Signatures Asynchronously for BRC Samples
Asynchronously capturing signatures for BRC samples provides the flexibility of paper-based sampling with the speed, accuracy, and accountability of remote signature capture, while also letting the HCP sign at their convenience.
For example, Dr. Ackerman’s office lets Sarah Jones know he is out of Cholecap samples. To provide Dr. Ackerman with more samples before their next meeting, Sarah uses the Share Link option on the signature setup screen to send an asynchronous signature request to Dr. Ackerman. The next day, Dr. Ackerman reviews the BRC order and signs for it. Sarah receives an email notifying her Dr. Ackerman submitted his signature. She returns to Veeva CRM to review and accept his signature, then submits the call report. Dr. Ackerman receives the shipment of BRCs later that week from Verteo Biopharma’s sample fulfillment vendor.
When asynchronous signature capture is enabled, the existing Share Link remote signature capture functionality is replaced on the iPad and iPhone platforms. On the Browser (Classic, Lightning) platforms, users cannot capture signatures using Share Link when asynchronous signature capture is enabled.
To capture Share Link signatures immediately, users on the iPad and iPhone platforms can create a signature request using the asynchronous Share Link method, then select the Check for Signatures button without syncing. If the HCP provided a signature, users can review and accept the signature as usual.
Asynchronous remote signature capture is only supported for BRC products on person account calls or unique activities child calls.
- Ensure Initial Configuration for Call Sampling is complete
- Ensure Configuring Sample Requests (BRCs) for Users is enabled
- Ensure Capturing Remote Signatures for Sampling is enabled
Ensure Configuring Enhanced Post-Processing for Integration Users is complete to enable an Engage integration user
- Ensure Displaying Country-Specific Disclaimers is enabled if the disclaimer text should display in available languages
- Ensure Approved Email Receipts for Signature Transactions is enabled if email receipts are desired
Configuring Capturing Remote Signatures Asynchronously for BRC Samples
- Grant the Engage integration users the following permissions:
Account at least Read n/a Name Read
CRUD, Modify All Data
- Grant end users the following permissions:
- Grant managers or business admins the following permissions:
Account at least Read n/a Name Read
Read (View All)
- Signature_Request_UUID_vod (optional)
- Place the Signature_Request_UUID_vod field on admins’ Call2_vod page layouts for troubleshooting or reporting purposes (optional).
When unique activities are enabled, the Signature_Request_UUID_vod must be in the Unique_Person_Fields_vod section or in an attendee-specific control section. For more information, see Defining Child Only Fields.
- Assign the Signature_Request_vod tab to admins (optional). This tab enables admins to track signature request status.
Ensure fields on the Signature_Request_vod page layout are marked as read-only. Do not edit Signature_Request_vod records directly. Signature_Request_vod records should only be updated through the Engage integration or Veeva triggers.
- Ensure VMOCs are enabled for the following objects:
- Remove the WHERE clause for the Engage_Link_Setting_vod VMOCs for iPad and iPhone users.
Modifying the Signature Request Expiration Period
By default, pending signature requests remain active for seven days. To change the number of days a signature request link should remain active, edit the value in the Call_Sign_Request_Expiry_Period_vod Engage Setting. Use an integer between one and fifteen.
When users create a signature request, an expiration date for the signature request is automatically calculated. The expiration date is the number of days in the Call_Sign_Request_Expiry_Period_vod Engage Setting, plus the current date in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), minus one day. For example, if Sarah Jones records a call at 5:00 PM on March 31 in the U.S. Pacific Time zone (12:00 AM on April 1 in UTC) and the Call_Sign_Request_Expiry_Period_vod Engage Setting is set to 1, the signature request expires on April 1.
To ensure HCPs have adequate time to submit their signatures, requests expire in a batch job at 12 AM or 12 PM (UTC) on the day after the expiration date. After a batch job runs, up to 12 additional hours may pass before the next batch of signatures expires. The minimum time a signature request remains active is 24 hours.
Using Remote Signature Capture Asynchronously for BRC Samples
To capture a remote signature asynchronously, CRM users:
- Create a call report with BRC samples. If any other sample or promotional product is on the call report, the Share Link signature capture option is not available.
Signature capture must be required in order to use asynchronous remote signature capture. Asynchronous remote signature capture is not supported on calls where signature capture is optional or disabled—for example, it is not supported on calls where the --nslns or --npdma section signals are in use.
- Select the Sign button.
- Select the disclaimer text language. This step is only available if Displaying Country-Specific Disclaimers is enabled.
- Select the email address the receipt should be sent to using the Receipt picklist, if the HCP wants to receive a receipt (optional). This step is only available if Approved Email Receipts for Signature Transactions is enabled.
- Select Share Link for the Signature Method.
- Select Next.
- Select the appropriate application to share the generated link with the HCP. If an acceptable application is not available, select Copy Link to copy the link to the device’s clipboard.
Once users share the link, the call report displays. Users do not need to remain in the Veeva CRM application while waiting to capture the signature.
Viewing Pending Signature Requests
A yellow banner displays on the Sample and Promotional Items section of the call report to highlight pending signature requests. To check whether the HCP has submitted a signature, select the Check for Signature link from the blue banner.
For call reports with pending signature requests, users cannot:
- Submit the call report
- Delete the call report
- Capture another signature for the same call using a different method—for example, QR code signature request
- Edit fields related to sampling and BRCs, or fields placed in the sample and promotional items section. When there is a pending signature request, fields related to signature capture and sampling are read-only.
Users cannot delete or submit unique activities group calls where one or more of the child calls have a pending request. Signature request status displays in the attendee section for each attendee.
When swapping signees on the call report, users cannot swap signees to accounts with signatures pending or signatures ready for review. If users select an account with an outstanding signature request, an error displays and users are prevented from swapping the signee to the account.
Canceling Pending Signature Requests
Users can cancel pending signature requests until the HCP provides a signature. To cancel a pending request, select Cancel Request from the yellow signature request banner and confirm the cancellation.
Providing Remote Signatures Asynchronously
HCPs receive the remote signature request link through the application the end user selected. Selecting the link opens an internet browser, where the signer can review the BRC details and submit their signature. The Signature_Captured_Datetime_vod field on the Signature_Request_vod object is set to the date and time when the HCP selects the Accept button on the signature capture screen.
Reviewing HCP Signatures
When HCPs submit their signatures, users receive an email that notifying them a signature is ready for review.
To review and accept HCP signatures:
- Navigate to the call report.
- Select Review Signature. The signature review screen displays.
- Select Accept.
To ensure accurate, compliant signature capture data, the following occurs when users accept a signature:
- The Signature_Request_vod record is updated to a Signature Accepted status
- The Signature Accepted Datetime field is populated with the current date and time
- Signature capture information is locked on the Call2_vod record
- The Signature_Captured_Share_Link_vod field is stamped on Call2_vod, Sample_Order_Transaction_vod, and Sample_Order_Transaction_Audit_vod records. For more information on Signature_Captured_Share_Link_vod, see Reviewing Remote Signatures.
For asynchronous signature capture, sample and product limits are recalculated when users accept the HCP’s signature. When Creating Sample Transactions on Sign Save is enabled and users save the call report, the lot quantity, sample and product limits, and sample transaction records are only updated if there is a captured signature on the call report.
If users do not want to accept the submitted signature, the following options are available:
- Cancel - Cancels the submitted signature. The HCP’s signature is not saved to the call report. To capture the HCP’s signature, the user must generate a new signature request link. For example, Dr. Ackerman contacts Sarah Jones after he submits his signature and asks her to send fewer Cholecap BRCs than he signed for. Sarah cancels the submitted signature and creates a new signature request with Dr. Ackerman’s preferred quantity of BRCs.
- Review Later - Return to the call report without canceling or accepting the signature. The HCP signature remains available for the user to review and accept.
- Request Again - Generates a new signature request link for the user to share