Sampling without License Restrictions
Users can disburse samples without state and license restrictions for non-US and non-regulated products—for example, over the counter products. In many countries, users can disburse samples to any person account, or business account with an attendee, regardless of license information for the account.
For example, Sarah Jones is an end user working in countries across Latin America. When she disburses samples of Cholecap to Dr. Alvarez, she does not need to enter license information in order to capture Dr. Alvarez’s signature.
- Using the --nsl section signal overrides the ENABLE_SAMPLE_CARD_LICENSE_CHECK Veeva setting for validating license information from sample cards
- Using --nsl or --nslns section signals does not bypass the License Valid to Sample or Sample Status fields; even though license information is not required, accounts must still have a Valid sample status in order to receive samples or sample requests/BRCs
Admins can edit these formulas to meet company needs. For more information, see Using Custom Formulas for Sample Status.
Configuring Sampling without License Restrictions
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
Add the --nsl section signal to the section with the zvod_Samples_vod marker field on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts to bypass state and license validation checks. Signature capture is still required.
To disable the requirement to capture a signature for sampling, in addition to disabling state and license validation checks, add the --nslns section signal to the section with the zvod_Samples_vod marker field on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts.
To disable validation checks but make signature capture optional, use the --npdma section signal instead. See Sampling Non-PDMA Regulated Products for more information.
Using Sampling without License Restrictions
When either the --nsl (no sampling license required) or the –nslns (no sampling license and no signature) section signals are on the call report, the following validation checks are disabled for sample and BRC products:
- For individual calls, validation of state license/DEA information
- For group calls, validation of state license/DEA information and verification of a match between the call location state and the sample recipient’s address state
- For Swapping the Signee, validation of state license/DEA information
- For BRCs, validation of state license/DEA information for the Ship To Address
If license information is not being captured or used, customizing sample status formulas provides customers with an alternate way of calculating HCPs’ sample statuses. Even though license information is not required when using the --nsl or --nslns section signals, accounts must still have a valid sample status in order to receive samples or sample requests/BRCs.
To change how sample status is calculated, modify the formulas in the License_Valid_To_Sample_vod or Sample_Status_vod fields on the Address_vod object to read from a custom field on the address object, instead of from license fields. Modifying these formulas to read from a custom field bypasses the need for license information in determining sample status.
For example, the following formula modifies the License_Valid_To_Sample_vod field to read values directly from the Sample Status picklist, instead of calculating sample status from license fields:
IF( Sample_Status_vod__c = "Valid", "Valid", "Invalid")
All practitioners with valid status can receive samples; invalid status means they cannot receive samples.