Capturing the Call Date Only
- Browser (Classic)
- Windows Tablet
By default, the call datetime field records the call date and time. For full use of the Salesforce.com calendar and My Schedule, call datetime is recommended. However, local regulations may prohibit capturing the time of a call. To comply with specific regulations and reporting requirements, the call report can be configured to capture a call date only, instead of a call datetime.
For example, Sarah Jones records a call in a territory where time recording is prohibited. When she records the call information on the call report, the time field does not display, and she is only able to record the date of the call.
Configuring Call Date Only
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable call date instead of call datetime:
- Add the Call_Date_vod field to the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts on the Call2_vod object.
- Remove the Call_Datetime_vod field from the corresponding Call2_vod page layouts on the Call2_vod object.
- Provide FLS edit permission to the Call_Date_vod field on the Call2_vod object for the appropriate profiles and record types.
- Remove FLS permission to the Call_Datetime_vod field on the Call2_vod object for the corresponding profiles and record types.
- If the call date is captured, rather than the datetime, the call does not display on the Salesforce.com calendar and the Time field in My Schedule is suppressed
- If neither the Call_Date_vod nor the Call_Datetime_vod fields are included on the call report, users can only determine call dates by viewing the Created By/Last Modified By timestamps in the Call related lists on the account profile