What's New in 20R1
The CRM 20R1 release includes several new features as well as User Visible and Behavior Changes.
Our release notes offer brief, high-level descriptions of enhancements and new features. Configuration is available by selecting the feature name. You can also find a quick overview of 20R1 Feature Enablement and Availability information in this release note.
Approved Notes enables customers to monitor free-text fields, for example, pre-call or post-call notes, for compliance purposes while enabling end users to record notes directly in CRM.
Veeva CRM supports delegated authentication, or single sign-on (SSO), allowing users to sign in using third-party authentication. Admins can use any Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution in the AppConfig community or Microsoft InTune to configure third-party authentication.
Touch ID and Face ID authentication uses fingerprint (Touch ID) or facial recognition (Face ID) in place of a password allowing for more security control. Veeva CRM users can use Touch ID and Face ID authentication to quickly and securely sign into CRM without entering their password.
Primary parent account names now display for both business and person account types.
A Dynamic Attribute is a special type of field that displays on the Account Details screen and can be created by business admins without modifying the Account object. Users can create and edit My Accounts views using Dynamic Attributes as search criteria. They can also create My Accounts lists and views with Dynamic Attributes as display columns, allowing users to group or filter their accounts based on Dynamic Attributes.
Dynamic Attributes for Accounts (Added 04/14/20)
Dynamic Attributes for Accounts is supported on the Browser (Classic) platform. There are three additional configuration steps for this platform:
- Grant users access to the EditAccountVod Visualforce page.
- Add the Edit_Account_vod button to the appropriate page layout.
- Remove the standard Edit button from the appropriate page layout.
Augmented reality (AR) content creators can customize the lighting for AR scenes to adjust the visibility of the entire scene, instead of the individual models. Content creators can also disable the lighting and animation in edit mode so users can view models exactly as they appear in locked mode to prevent confusion. This allows content creators to improve AR content for customers.
Content creators can set the display resolution of CLM presentations created with HTML. This allows presentations to be responsive and fit screens with higher resolution.
Retrying Vault CLM Sync Errors (removed from the 20R1 release)
ARKit 2.0 and 3.0 allows augmented reality (AR) content creators to create more innovative scenes which can:
- Track reference images
- Recognize and track 3D objects
- Support the USDZ file format for models
Capturing Remote Signatures for Sampling in Engage (Added 04/15/20)
Remote signature capture allows for sampling from Engage meetings. Users can sample BRCs via the call report and capture a signature while in the Engage meeting. This extends the user’s ability to provide samples to HCPs without needing a face-to-face meeting.
Enabling Password-Protected Meetings (Added 04/10/20) Admins can require a password for an Engage meeting to increase the security of the meeting. Attendee meeting links include the meeting password automatically. Attendees can also enter passwords in the Veeva Engage app or in the Engage Web Client. Veeva Engage apps must be version 201.7.10 or later.
Engage admins can view more detailed information about attendees of an Engage meeting, as well as information about a meeting’s execution, including whether a scheduled meeting was started, whether any attendees joined the meeting, and whether a given attendee of an Engage meeting was a host or an external attendee.
Event attendees can sign into an event using a QR code scanned on their own devices, making the sign-in process quick and easy.
Account Hierarchies are frequently used to group together affiliated accounts and to display the organizational structure of business accounts or HCOs. To enable easier selection of attendees, event owners can drill down into account hierarchies when adding attendees to their event.
Event organizers on the iPad platform can send Approved Emails to Event Speakers and Event Attendees outside of their territory.
Sharing the Desktop in Engage Webinar (Added 04/10/20)
Engage Webinar has been deprecated and is replaced by Virtual Events.
Engage Webinar speakers can now share their application windows and desktop during a webinar. This grants speakers more flexibility when presenting content. Engage Webinar speakers cannot download and share their content through the media player in the Engage app. Speakers can share content from their desktop during a webinar.
MIFR is now supported for use with offline validation rules for iPad. See Offline Validation Rules for more information.
Users in Lightning Ready orgs can preview rendered Approved Documents or sent emails directly within CRM. This enables users to ensure information in the content is correct.
Approved Email users can select and view links generated from a token while in Preview or Edit Mode. This enables users to verify that links in the template function correctly before the email is sent to recipients.
MyInsights developers can create visualizations that create and update records in Veeva CRM to track activity, save selected filter values, or save custom data without navigating away from a visualization. Customers can capture and analyze user activity in MyInsights to improve visualization content.
Lightning users in Veeva CRM Lightning Ready orgs can edit Account and Address data change requests (DCRs) using the Mobile & Lightning Actions.
Order discounts can be granted on products that are placed in high-visibility areas of the store. This encourages pharmacies to respect product visibility recommendations by displaying products accordingly. If designated products are correctly placed in the store, users can include discounts on the next order placed.
Most new features require some configuration, however users are able to view the following changes immediately:
- iPad, iPhone: Veeva CRM now displays in a device’s default resolution on all iOS devices. Instead of scaling to fit the screen of the device, the application’s display changes to fit the resolution. Examples of noticeable differences:
- Veeva CRM is not letterboxed on iPad 11” devices
- More rows and columns of data display on iPad 12.9” devices
- Online (Lightning):
- Popups of info icons now display to the right of the associated field if the field is in the left column of a page layout
- Users can now view Call Reporting and Events Management functionality with a Lightning look and feel.
- iPad, Windows: Users can use new page up and down controls to navigate PDFs in CLM. See Displaying PDFs in CLM for more information.
- iPad: Users can exit the PDF overlays by selecting the Close button. See Displaying PDFs in CLM for more information.
- Windows: Users can zoom in and out of PDFs in CLM using the +/- buttons, by pinching the screen, or by selecting the fullscreen button. The zoom controls do not display if zoom is disabled for the key message. See Displaying PDFs in CLM for more information.
- Online: A Retry Failed button displays on the CLM Admin Console for retrying presentations that failed in a previous sync. (removed from the 20R1 release)
- iPad: The X, Y, and Z axis display when viewing AR content with debug_mode set to true.
- iPad: CLM content created with HTML can display in the center of the screen with a black border on devices with higher resolution. See Displaying Responsive Presentations for more information.
- iPad, Windows: Dynamic Attributes are automatically added as Columns to Account Lists
- iPad: When an out-of-territory parent account is the primary account, it now displays as the primary account in the Account Hierarchy view (Updated 04/15/20)
- Online: Users can view Dynamic Attributes online if they have permissions to view Dynamic Attributes offline
- iPad, iPhone: The Call Location field now automatically populates if there is only one available address and the Disable Call Location None Veeva Setting is not enabled
- iPhone, iPad: Due to supporting Universal Linking on the iOS HCP Engage app, click tracking is no longer supported for Approved Emails containing the following tokens:
- iPhone, iPad: iOS Universal Links are now supported. Due to this, when an attendee selects a join link for an Engage meeting and has already installed the HCP Engage app, the app immediately opens with the appropriate Meeting ID. (added 04/08/20)
- iPad: When an attendee selects an Engage meeting join link and the iOS HCP app is not installed, a new onboarding page displays and they can either install the app or join the meeting via the Web Client by selecting Not Now. (added 04/08/20)
- iPad, Online: If an Engage meeting call is deleted, the associated Remote_Meeting_vod record is also deleted
- Online: CRM Engage app users do not need to re-download previously downloaded presentations
- Online: The Attendance Report Process Status picklist on the Remote_Meeting_vod object is now labeled Processing Status
- Online: The Success picklist value on the Processing Status picklist is now labeled Complete
- iPad, Online: The Meeting ID displays on the remote meeting information and invitation modals and the Meeting Name displays on the invitation modal. (Added 04/15/20)
- The Copy button for Participant URLs is now a copy icon on the remote meeting information and invitation modals. (Added 04/15/20)
- iPhone, iPad: iOS Universal Links are now supported. Due to this, when an attendee selects a join URL for an Engage meeting and has already installed the HCP Engage app, the app immediately opens with the appropriate Meeting ID. (Added 04/17/20)
- iPad: When an attendees selects an Engage meeting or Webinar join link without the iOS HCP app installed, a new onboarding page displays, giving them the option of either installing the app or joining the meeting via the Web Client. (Added 04/15/20)
- Online: Hosts using the CRM Engage Media Library can now resize the application window to display more presentations at once. (Added 04/15/20)
- Online: Hosts using the CRM Engage Media Library can now search using a presentation's name from the list view. (Added 04/15/20)
- Online: Hosts using the CRM Engage Media Library can now use the Filter () button to filter the list of available presentations by Product and Status (Added 04/15/2020)
- Online: Related lists now respect the Sort By setting on the following Events Management pages:
- Event Budget
- Event Speaker
- Expense Header
- Expense Estimate
- Expense Line
- Event Material
- Event Session
- Event Session Attendee
- Event Team Member
- Child Event
- iPad, Online, Windows: The Network_RXA_Eligiblity_vod field now automatically populates with information from Network during a DCR Import or when using Network Account Search.
New functionality introduced in the Veeva CRM 20R1 Release is available on the following platforms:
*Browser (Lightning Only)
The list below contains all new objects added in Veeva CRM 20R1.
|Monitored_Phrase_vod||Monitored Phrase||Defines Monitored Phrases as part of Approved Notes.|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||Monitoring Rule||Defines Monitoring Rules used by Approved Notes.|
|MyInsights_Data_vod||MyInsights Data||Tracks MyInsights activity.|
The list below contains all fields added in Veeva CRM 20R1. The fields are organized by object. Visibility to all fields is disabled by default to all users except administrators. See the Veeva Data Model information for a full listing of Veeva fields.
|Object||Field Name||Field Label||Description||Type|
|EM_Event_Rule_vod||QR_Sign_In_Enabled_vod||QR Sign-In Enabled?||Enables QR Sign-in for the corresponding Event Configuration.||Picklist|
|EM_Event_vod||QR_Sign_In_Enabled_vod||QR Sign-In Enabled?||Defines if QR Sign-in is enabled for the Event.||Picklist|
|Events_Management_Settings_vod||QR_SERVER_URL_vod||QR_SERVER_URL_vod||Defines the URL used by the QR Server to generate QR Codes.||Text|
|Inventory_Monitoring_Line_vod||Override_Lock_vod||Override Lock||Enables users to edit a submitted Inventory Monitoring Line record without unlocking the record.||Check box|
|Inventory_Monitoring_vod||Override_Lock_vod||Override Lock||Enables users to edit a submitted Inventory Monitoring record without unlocking the record.||Check box|
|Inventory_Monitoring_vod||Related_Order_vod||Related Order||Displays a link to the order that caused a discount to be applied.||Text|
|Key_Message_vod||iOS_Resolution_vod||iOS Resolution||The value of this field defines the resolution used to display a responsive CLM slide.||Picklist|
|Monitored_Phrase_vod||Match_Type_vod||Match Type||Defines the match type of the monitored phrase.||Picklist|
|Monitored_Phrase_vod||Monitoring_Rule_vod||Monitoring Rule||References the corresponding Monitoring_Rule_vod record.||Lookup|
|Monitored_Phrase_vod||Phrase_vod||Phrase||Defines the text of the monitored phrase.||Text|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||Category_vod||Category||Defines the reason matching phrases are monitored by the rule.||Picklist|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||Email_recipients_vod||Status Email Recipients||Defines the list of email addresses receiving an email after the monitoring rule is processed.||Text|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||End_Date_vod||End Date||The end date of the monitoring rule.||Date|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||Field_Set_vod||Field Set||The list of fields monitored by the rule.||Text|
|Monitoring_Rule_vod||Start_Date_vod||Start Date||The start date of the monitoring rule.||Date|
|MyInsights_Data_vod||HTML_Report_vod||Created In||Defines the corresponding HTML Report record that the data was created from.||Lookup|
|MyInsights_Data_vod||Mobile_Id_vod||Mobile ID||Field used by mobile applications during sync.||Text|
|Order_vod||Last_Inventory_Monitoring_vod||Last Inventory Monitoring||References the last Inventory Monitoring record used by the pricing engine.||Lookup|
|Pricing_Subrule_vod||Inventory_Monitoring_Field_Value_vod||Inventory Monitoring Field Value||Defines which value in the associated Inventory Monitoring Line Field triggers Inventory Monitoring driven discounts.||Text|
|Pricing_Subrule_vod||Inventory_Monitoring_Line_Field_vod||Inventory Monitoring Line Field||Defines which Inventory Monitoring field is used by the Pricing Engine to trigger Inventory Monitoring driven discounts.||Text|
|Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod||Attendee_Type_vod||Attendee Type||Defines whether the record was the host of an Engage meeting or was an external attendee.||Picklist|
|Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod||Meeting_Outcome_Status_vod||Meeting Outcome Status||Defines whether an Engage meeting was ever started and if attendees ever joined during the meeting.||Picklist|
|Online||CRM-194383||When selecting an account view from My Accounts and the Network Settings Custom Setting is empty, an error occurred.||Accounts|
|Online||CRM-190738||Read-only picklists did not maintain values after saving a record.||Call Reporting|
|iPad||CRM-187687||An error occurred when using the Swap Signee feature when both accounts already had associated promotional items.||Call Sampling|
|iPad||CRM-191709||The year in a Sample Lot's expiration date displayed in an inconsistent format.||Call Sampling|
|Windows||CRM-188607||After removing FLS permission, Call Sampling fields sometimes still displayed.||Call Sampling|
|Online||CRM-188900||An error occurred when canceling the creation of a Sample Transaction.||Sample Management|
|Online||CRM-189159||A blank screen displayed after submitting a Sample Lot.||Sample Management|