Managing CLM Syncs
Admins can view the CLM sync history and sync content manually from the CLM Admin Console.
Viewing CLM Subscription History
The CLM Administration tab stores the Subscription History. The last 10 subscription integration attempts are listed. Each row includes timestamp, user, status, rows processed and messages, if applicable. Each subscription integration job:
- Results in a single entry in the Subscription History table, regardless of the number of Vault connections
- Subscribes to CLM content from each Vault to which the CRM is connected
The Subscription Integration Service pulls CLM records from Vault and inserts/updates the respective records in CRM. The Subscription Integration Service allows for manual and/or automated processing.
Admins can sync content manually using the Sync and Force Full Refresh buttons:
- Selecting the Sync button performs an incremental update by pulling CLM records from Vault where either the Presentation or the Slide records have been modified since the last sync
- Selecting the Force Full Refresh button pulls all CLM records from Vault. It is recommended to select Force Full Refresh after a CRM Sandbox refresh and after adding or deleting Vaults.
- Selecting the Retry Failed button pulls updates for all CLM records which previously had errors and have been fixed. See Retrying Vault CLM Sync Failures for more information.
Admins can also schedule syncs by defining CLM Processes in the Veeva Process Scheduler. See Process Scheduler for more information about scheduling sync processes.
The Veeva Multichannel Process Scheduler automates incremental synchronization by running the subscription integration service on a scheduled basis
If there are errors when syncing CLM content from Vault to CRM, the errors are logged and any presentations impacted by those errors are skipped. The sync successfully processes the remaining presentations. This improves the efficiency of each sync and prevents errors from failing the entire sync. After fixing the errors, admins can retry syncing the failed presentations using the Retry Failed button in the CLM Admin Console.
For example, Alice Adams has two CLM presentations in Vault — one about Cholecap and one about Restolar. Restolar exists as a product in CRM but Cholecap does not. She syncs both presentations to CRM via the CLM Admin Console. The Restolar presentation syncs successfully, but because Cholecap does not exist as a product in CRM, the Cholecap presentation fails to sync. Alice fixes the error based on the details from the sync notification email and selects the Retry Failed button in the CLM Admin Console to retry syncing the failed Cholecap presentation.
Retrying Sync Failures
Admins can view a detailed CLM sync history for all syncs in the past seven days in the CLM Subscription History of the CLM Admin Console. Additionally, the sync notification email includes CSV attachments containing information about the successes, failures, and pending retries from the most recent scheduled sync.
A sync error for a slide prevents all presentations using that slide from syncing. Once errors are fixed, admins can do any of the following:
- Select the Retry Failed button on the CLM Admin Console to sync only corrected presentations. This retries entire presentations containing errors that have been fixed.
- Select the Sync button in the CLM Admin Console to perform an incremental sync to sync all content, including corrected presentations
- Wait for the next scheduled sync to sync all content, including corrected presentations
Scheduled and incremental syncs do not retry previously failed presentations until the errors are fixed. A full refresh retries all content, including failures. See Syncing Content from Vault for more information.
The Retry Failed button does not display if all items sync successfully.