Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Response Method
- Online (Classic only)
When responding to a Medical Inquiry, Medical users can select a fulfillment response method different than the method requested. This enables users to quickly fulfill Medical Inquiries depending on the selected response method.
For example, Larry Lakes is an MSL that receives a Medical Inquiry from Dr. Ackerman with Mail as the delivery method. Larry decides to respond to Dr. Ackerman via Email. Larry creates a Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Response (MIFR) with the Email response type and selects Dr. Ackerman’s email.
To configure the MIRF:
Grant users FLS edit permission to the following fields on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object:
- Grant users FLS read permission to the zvod_MIFR_Delivery_Method_vod field on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object.
Grant the appropriate user profiles access to the following record types on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object:
- Place the zvod_MIFR_Delivery_Method_vod field on the appropriate Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object page layouts,
The zvod_MIFR_Delivery_Method_Value_vod picklist on the MIRF record displays the following information based on the corresponding Record type:
- Email – Displays email addresses associated with the Account on the Medical Inquiry Response
- Fax – Displays fax numbers associated with the Account and Account’s Address on the Medical Inquiry Response
- Mail – Displays addresses associated with the Account on the Medical Inquiry Response
- Phone – Displays phone numbers associated with the Account and Account’s address
When creating a response to a Medical Inquiry Fulfillment, the page layout for the response method listed in the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment displays by default. To change the response method, select the appropriate response from the record type picklist.
Adding New Delivery Details
Users can add new delivery details from the MIFR screen. This enables users to add in a delivery value manually if the value is not already available. To add new values:
- Select the displayed check box to specify an alternate value for the MIFR delivery method. This check box displays differently based on the selected record type.
Enter the appropriate value in the displayed delivery detail field. This field is dependent on the selected record type.