Viewing and Searching Accounts in My Schedule
- Browser (Classic, Lightning)
- Windows Tablet
To easily find accounts and identify future calls, users can view account information and search for a particular account in My Schedule.
For example, Sarah Jones plans her upcoming calls. To find Dr. Ackerman’s account in My Schedule, she opens the account panel and enters Ackerman in the search bar. Dr. Ackerman’s account displays in the search results. Sarah selects the More Actions button on his account card to view his account calendar. She sees her last visit to him was over a month ago. She returns to My Schedule and schedules a call to Dr. Ackerman for the upcoming week.
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
Viewing Accounts in My Schedule
To view the accounts panel, select the account icon in the calendar header. A list of all accounts visible to the user displays.
iPad and Windows Tablet users can view and search accounts in My Schedule’s Week View, Scheduler View, and Map View.
Browser (Classic) users can view and search accounts from any view. For more information on the Browser (Classic) platform, see Platform Specific Details.
To view account information, select the More Actions button for the account. From the More Actions menu, select either of the following to view more account information:
- View Account - display the account detail page and account related lists
- View Account Calendar - display a monthly calendar with all interactions recorded for the particular account. This enables users to easily see the last time they interacted with the account and plan their upcoming calls accordingly. For more information, see Displaying the Multichannel Calendar.
If Identifying Accounts with Account Identifier or Account Name Expansion is enabled, the account identifier also displays in My Schedule.
The account’s primary parent also displays in certain My Schedule views; for more information, see Displaying the Primary Parent with a Business or Person Account's Name.
To find a particular account, select the search icon in the account panel to display the search bar. Enter a full or partial account name in the search bar. Search results update dynamically as users type.
Platform Specific Details
On the Browser (Classic) platform, the Scheduler is similar to the accounts panel. Select the Scheduler icon to display a panel with Account Lists and Views. Scheduler is available for all four views on Browser (Classic): Agenda View, Week View, Month View, and Call Cycle View.
To search for an account in My Schedule on the Browser (Classic) platform:
- Select an open time slot on the calendar.
- Enter a full or partial keyword in the search bar on the account search modal.
- Select Go to display search results.
The following information displays for each account in the search results:
- Formatted_Name_vod from the Account object
- Account_Identifier_vod from the Account object, if populated
- Addresses - each address in the search results is a concatenation of the following fields on the Address_vod object:
- Sample status indicator - if users have at least Read FLS to the Sample_Status_vod field on the Address_vod object, the sample status indicator displays
If users do not have at least Read FLS for these fields on the Address_vod object, search results do not display. Read FLS should have been granted for all fields on the Address_vod object when Configuring Accounts.
Account addresses display based on the following priority:
- If the account has a My Preferred Address (Address_vod) value specified on a TSF_vod record for the user's territory, My Preferred Address displays first
- If the account does not have a preferred address, the primary address displays
- If the account does not have a primary address, the last-modified, earliest-created address for the account displays
Child accounts do not display in Browser (Classic) search results. To create a child call, users must first create the call for the appropriate account, then edit the call report and select the appropriate parent account as the call location.
The scheduler panel is not available in Lightning for My Schedule. To search for an account, select the desired time slot on the calendar, then select Add Calls.
Enter a full or partial keyword in the search bar on the account search modal. Results display as users type.