Accounts Initial Configuration
Initial configuration includes the setup of all default functionality for Accounts. Advanced functionality requires additional configuration.
To configure Accounts, complete the following steps:
Grant the following permissions for all users:
Object OLS Record Types Fields FLS
at least read
Account_List_vod C n/a n/a n/a
at least read
at least read
n/a n/a n/a Order_Line_vod R n/a n/a n/a
at least R
at least CRU
Change the Parent_Account_vod field type on the Child_Account_vod object from Master-Detail to Lookup.
- After the field type is changed, existing VMOC where clauses on the child account object are ignored. Instead, relationships where the user has visibility to either the child or parent account are automatically synced down
- If Parent_Account_vod is a normal lookup field:
- Ignore the Child_Account_vod VMOC Where clause
- Use the following two where clauses:
- WHERE Parent_Account_vod__c IN (SELECT Id from Account)
- WHERE Child_Account_vod__c IN (SELECT Id from Account)
- Otherwise, if the Parent_Account_vod is a Master-Detail field, then respect the VMOC and sync down as normal
- Verify established territories exist. The My Accounts screen is dependent on having the Territory Hierarchy established with users and accounts assigned to territories. For more information, see Territory Management.
Add the following fields on the Call2_vod object to the appropriate Account page layout:
If you are using Account Overview panels, add the zvod field associated with the desired panel to the page layout in the order you want them to display.
- Cycle Plans (zvod_cycle_plan)
- Call Objectives (zvod_call_objectives)
- Product Metrics (zvod_product_metrics)
- Product Restrictions (zvod_Product_Restrictions)
- Suggestions (zvod_Suggestions)
- Stakeholder Preferences (zvod_Stakeholder_Preferences)
If you are using Account Overview panels, enable the Accounts Detail panel:
- Add two sections to the page layout. Name them Account_Details_vod and TSF_Details_vod
- Create marker fields on the Account_Overview_Layout_vod object to display information in the timeline from other objects, for example, Account or TSF_vod. Use the following naming convention:
- Field Name: zvod_[object reference]_[field_name] (not the API name)
- API Name: zvod_[object reference]_[field name]__c
- Where Object Reference must be one of the following:
- The data type of the custom field in Account_Overview_Layout_vod must match the data type of the corresponding field from the referenced object
- Fields of type LongTextArea and TextArea(Rich) are not supported
- Drag the custom field into either section “Account_Details_vod” or “TSF_vod”. Sections and fields display in the order they are added to the page layout.
Add the Account_Overview_vod button to the Account Detail page layout.
Place the OfficeBestTimes_vod Custom S-Control on the Address_vod page layout in its own section.
Ensure the Override With on the Child Account object buttons View, Edit, Clone and New, in the Standard Buttons and Links related list, are set to Visualforce page (View Child Account, Edit Child Account, Clone Child Account, and New Child Account are in Custom Objects) and select Account Hierarchy from the drop-down menu.
Override the View button on the Child_Account_vod object with the View_Child_Account2_vod VisualForce page.
Add the appropriate Child_Account_vod fields to the appropriate layouts. For example, on the Professional page layout, you may want to add the Primary Parent field to the Account Information section.
Create a single column section on the Account page layout. Ensure the section header is configured to display on the detail page.
Add the Account_Territory_Info_vod S-Control to the new section.
Place the zvod_ChildAccount_TSF_vod marker field (on the Child_Account_vod object) on the appropriate page layout in a single column in its own section.
Add the View Hierarchy button to the Custom Buttons section on the page layout.
Expose the zvod_mc_activity_vod field on the VMobile_Home_Page_Layout_vod object on the appropriate page layouts.
For users managing the account hierarchy, add the Members or Member Of related list to the corresponding Profile page layouts. In the related list properties Buttons section, clear the standard New button and select the New Parent button to display.
If displaying the Members or Member Of related list, ensure the Name field is not included in the columns displayed.
Place one of the following buttons on the Account page layout to use the New Record Type Wizard. The names must be exactly as listed, including capitalization, when naming a new button. Otherwise, the button does not display.
- Hospital_vod_New - Creates a new hospital account
- Professional_vod_New - Creates a new professional account
- Person_vod_New - Creates any person account record type
- Business_vod_New - Creates any business account record type
- Any_vod_New - Creates any business or person account record type
- [record type]_New - Creates a [record type] account.
Add the Multichannel_Calendar_vod button to the appropriate Account page layout.
Add the Multichannel_Calendar_vod button to the Account Detail page layout.
Add the Account_Overview_vod button (View Overview) on the Account object to the Account Detail page layout.
Enable the applicable Icon_vod picklist values for the appropriate Multichannel_Activity_vod custom record types.
Enable the applicable Color_vod picklist values for the appropriate Multichannel_Activity_vod custom record types.
Select the following Veeva Setting check boxes to enable them:
- ADVANCED_SEARCH_vod – This Veeva Setting enables the Advanced Search capability
- ENABLE_ACCOUNT_PARENT_DISPLAY_vod – This Veeva Setting displays the Parent Account name after the Account Name, for example, Ackerman, Clinton @ A Center for Dermatology
- ENABLE_CHILD_ACCOUNT_IN_WIZARDS_vod – Configuring the related required fields without enabling this setting results in errors and prevents account creation
- Enable Child Account Veeva Setting – When the Source_vod field on the View_vod object is enabled, picklist values are available for selection from the Account View for users who have access to the View_vod object
- Enable_Parent_Account_Wizard_vod – Selecting this Veeva Setting check box launches the Parent Account Wizard when creating an account from the My Accounts screen
- New_Account_Wizard – Selecting this Veeva Setting check box enables the New Account Wizard
- Territory_Link_on_Account_vod – This Veeva Setting value determines whether the Territory_vod field displays on the Account Details screen
Select the Disable_Account_Download_CSV_Excel_vod Veeva Setting check box to prevent users from downloading accounts using Excel or CSV from the My Accounts screen. This step is optional.
Enable the ACCT_Preview_During_Creation_vod Veeva Setting with a value of 1 to enable enhanced account creation.
Specify the appropriate parent object names and the record types for which you want to disable the Create button in the DISABLE_RELATED_LIST_NEW_BUTTON_vod Veeva Setting. This step is optional.
Populate the Disable_Map_Entry_Points_vod Veeva Setting with one of the following to define the entry points where the Map button should be removed. Use a double semicolon between values. This step is optional.
- MyAccounts_vod – prevents accessing maps from My Account
- Account_vod – prevents accessing maps from the Account Detail screen
- MySchedule_vod – prevents accessing maps from My Schedule
- All_vod – prevents accessing maps from any entry point, disabling the Apple Maps feature
Ensure the Enable_Simple_Hierarchy_vod Veeva Setting check box is deselected.
Enable the Disable_Affiliation_Autocreate_vod Veeva Setting if using the New Record Type Wizard or Parent Account Wizard for creating new accounts or if you do not want affiliations to be created in the account hierarchy. If using the New Record Type Wizard. If selected, this setting prevents the account hierarchy parent-child account association from being established.
Enable the Network_Customer_Master_Mode_vod Network Setting with a value of 1.
Enter a comma-delimited list of column names in the Account_LIST_COLS_vod Veeva Message to display different account, address, or TSF-related information for each account in an account list. Use the following format: Object_API_Name.Field_API_Name.
Include a column name in the Account_LIST_COLS_vod Veeva Message to display a column in a list. Use the following format: Object_Name_vod.Field_API_Name_vod.
Add Business_Professional_vod to the list of Account Types under Record Type Settings for each profile for which business professionals should be used.
Grant users access to the following VisualForce pages:
Create or activate VMOC records for the View_vod object.
Verify a VMOC entry exists for the Child_Account_vod object. If not,
- Create an entry and ensure the Type is set to Top Level and the Active flag is selected
- Add Child_Account_vod__c at the end of the list of objects noted in the Text field. Separate object names with a comma.
- Set the new Veeva Message to Active.
Activate an iPad VMOC record for the Multichannel_Activity_vod and Multichannel_Activity_Line_vod objects.
Activate a VMOC record for the Account_Overview_Layout_vod object.
Ensure the VeevaAccountBrowse apex class is enabled for the correct profiles.
Enable the VODDatabaseapi apex class on the Account object.
For end users, select the View Setup and Configuration check box under Administrative Permissions if views the user creates are allowed to be public. Selecting the check box enables users to share all views with other user based on the profile selected in the Visibility section of the screen.