High Performance Call Report
- CRM Desktop (Windows)
High performance call report provides a better Veeva CRM Desktop Experience for users, including improved performance. When users edit or create a call report from their online browser, the call report displays as a new window in the CRM Desktop app. Feature availability differs depending on your configuration. For more information, see Supported Call Report Functionality on CRM Desktop (Windows).
For example, Larry Lakes, an MSL at Verteo BioPharma, connects to the internet from his laptop and creates a call report for his upcoming visit to Dr. Ackerman. The high performance call report opens quickly. Larry enters the necessary details for his visit and saves the call report. Later that day, Larry completes the call report with more information about his visit to Dr. Ackerman and submits the call report.
- Ensure Call Reporting is configured
- Ensure device requirements are met and the CRM Desktop (Windows) app is installed:
- Device and Software Requirements for Windows
- Installing the App
Ensure users are on a Windows device. If the high performance call report is enabled for Mac users, Mac users cannot record calls on the Browser (Classic, Lightning) platforms.
- Ensure users’ internet browser settings allow pop-ups and redirects from their Salesforce org. If pop-ups and redirects are not allowed, the high performance call report cannot open.
- For Engage users, Veeva does not recommend enabling high performance call reports. Scheduling or starting Engage meetings while using high performance call reports is not supported.
Configuring the High Performance Call Report
To enable this functionality:
- Populate the Enable_CRM_Desktop_vod Veeva Setting with Call2_vod__c.
- Ensure VMOCs for the WinModern platform are enabled for all call reporting functionality your organization has configured.
WinModern VMOC configuration and limitations apply to high performance call reports. For more information, see Using Incremental Sync.
To disable high performance call report for specific profiles—for example, administrators—populate the Enable_CRM_Desktop_vod Veeva Setting with a single comma, in the appropriate profile settings.
If the Enable_CRM_Desktop_vod Veeva Setting is enabled at the org-wide level, populate the Enable_CRM_Desktop_vod Veeva Setting for every profile. For profiles where high performance call report should be disabled, populate the setting with a single comma. For profiles where high performance call report should be enabled, populate the setting with the value Call2_vod__c.
Using the High Performance Call Report
When the high performance call report is enabled, Veeva does not recommend using My Schedule to create same-day calls. If users schedule or edit a call for the same day in My Schedule and then try to open the call report without syncing first, the CRM Desktop app cannot open the call report.
When users create or edit a call from the Browser (Lightning) platform, the call report opens as a high performance call report in the CRM Desktop app. Once enabled, the call report is view-only on the Browser (Lightning) platform.
If users do not have the CRM Desktop app installed, the install process automatically occurs. After the app installs, the user must open the call report again from the browser.
Only one call report can be open at a time. If a call report is already open in the CRM Desktop app and users attempt to create or edit a new call report, a warning displays. Select Start New Call to save and close the existing call, and open the new call report.
If the CRM Desktop app is already in call mode—for example, the user was presenting CLM through the CRM Desktop app—and users attempt to create or edit a new call report, a warning displays. Select Save and Start New to save and close the existing call and create or edit a new call report.
When users save or submit a call report, the Last_Device_vod field on the Call2_vod object is stamped with Desktop_Call_Win_vod.
If high performance call report is enabled and WinModern VMOCs restrict calls from syncing past a certain number of days, users cannot go online to edit calls past the timeframe specified in the VMOCs. For example, if calls older than 45 days are excluded from the Call2_vod VMOC for the WinModern platform, users cannot go online to edit calls created more than 45 days ago.
Supported Entry Points for High Performance Call Reports
Users can launch call reports from the following entry points:
- Account Detail page - Select the Record a Call button
- Child Account Detail page - Select the Record a Call button
- Account Plan - Select Record Activity
- Account Tactics - Select the Record a Call button
- Call Report (view mode) - Select the Edit button
- Contact detail page - Select the Record a Call button
- Events Management events - Select the Record a Call button
- Medical Event - Select the Record a Call button
- Medical Inquiry (Browser Classic, Lightning) - Select the Record a Call button
Medical Inquiry Fulfillment detail page - Select the Edit Response button
- Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Tab - Select the Create Response button
- MyInsights - Scheduling calls with Smart Linking in MyInsights
- All My Schedule entry points
Launching CLM from High Performance Call Reports
When users launch CLM from a call report on CRM Desktop, the call report is saved locally and the Media Library window displays.
If the save is unsuccessful, the Media Library window does not open and an error message displays.
Users cannot edit the following media-sensitive fields and sections while presenting CLM:
- Restricted Products
- Allowed Products
- Account Attendees (users can still add user attendees)
- Account Segmentations
- Signature capture for product detailing (--sd section signal)
CLM slide tracking activity is updated on the call report in real time. For more information on CLM on the CRM Desktop (Windows) platform, see Supported CLM Functionality on CRM Desktop (Windows).
Syncing Call Data
When users log in to the CRM Desktop app for the first time after the app updates for 23R1.0, call data from the online database syncs to the CRM Desktop app in the background. Users cannot create or edit calls during this initial sync. If users attempt to open a call report while the app is syncing, an error displays and they are prevented from opening the call report.
Call data is automatically synced on the CRM Desktop app every day at 4:00 A.M. in the local time zone, as long as the CRM Desktop app is running. If the app cannot sync at 4:00 A.M., the sync automatically begins as soon as possible afterwards.
If users schedule a call for the same day and then try to open it before call data is synced, the CRM Desktop app cannot open the call report. Users can select Sync to manually initiate a sync, or the CRM Desktop app will attempt to sync again as soon as possible after users attempt to open a call. Users may need to wait a few minutes before trying to open the call report again.
When users save or submit a call report, call data immediately begins syncing to the CRM online database.
When users cancel a call report, call data may have already been saved through an implicit save. If users cancel a call where an implicit save already occurred, data up to and including the last implicit save is synced. Data captured after the last implicit save is discarded.
Manually Syncing Call Data
Changes to CRM configuration or records are not reflected until users sync, similar to the sync behavior on the iPad platform. To receive changes to CRM configuration or records between automatic daily syncs, users can manually sync the CRM Desktop app.
To initiate a manual sync, select Sync from any of the following locations:
- From the File menu of the Media Library
- From sync notifications on the CRM Desktop app
- Select the CRM Desktop app icon in the device’s status tray, then select Sync from the menu that displays
Resolving Sync Errors
Sync errors only display when users do not have any call reports open. Select the record listed in the error window to display more information about the error. If users open a call report when the sync error modal is open, the sync error modal is hidden until they close the call report.
- The following items in the More Actions menu are not available for high performance call reports:
- Create Medical Inquiry
- Create Key Medical Insight
- Send Email
- Create Order
- Create Inventory Monitoring
- Schedule Engage Meeting
- Generate Invitations
- Users cannot schedule or start Engage meetings from high performance call reports
- When users display CLM as part of a high performance unique activities group call, the CLM is associated with all accounts on the call. Users cannot select a specific account for the CLM.