Using Incremental Sync
- Windows Tablet
Incremental Sync is a sync type manually initiated by the user. It sends all data from the mobile device to the Browser (Classic) platform, as well as receive all data and configuration changes from the Browser (Classic) platform. Users can track sync progress in the Progress Window. The sync widget on the home page displays the time of the last successful incremental sync.
Users can perform an incremental sync by selecting the Sync button in the upper left corner of the Home page or the Sync button on the sync widget. A warning displays to the user if a network connection is not detected or if any errors occur during sync.
Prompting Incremental Syncs
Admins can configure users to be prompted if a sync has not been performed in a specified number of days using the SYNC_WARN_INTERVAL Veeva setting to indicate the number of days between syncs. A value of 0 disables the warning.
This setting applies to all mobile platforms.
Limiting the Maximum Number of Synced Accounts
Suboptimal application performance can occur if too many accounts are synced down to mobile devices. To mitigate this, Veeva recommends using VMOCs in conjunction with the following Veeva settings to limit the number of accounts synced to mobile devices:
- MAX_ACCOUNTS_vod – The setting for Windows Tablet devices. The default and recommended maximum value is 50,000.
- MAX_ACCOUNTS_IPAD_vod – The setting for iOS devices. The default and recommended maximum value is 15,000.
These settings are for Veeva internal use only and should not be changed.
If the limit is exceeded, an error message displays based on the TOO_MANY_ACCOUNTS Veeva message.
Using Sync Delete Refresh Mode
Sync Delete Refresh Mode is an enhanced sync process that can be enabled via two Veeva Settings. This mode enhances performance when purging large amounts of old data.
- SYNC_DELETE_REFRESH_MODE_vod – The Veeva setting that enables the enhanced process. There are two values that determine the sync delete behavior:
- PRODUCTION – Any time more than 25,000 records visible to a particular user are detected as deleted for a specific object OR the user exceeds 15 days between syncs, any objects listed in the SYNC_DELETE_REFRESH_OBJECTS Veeva Message are forced to refresh
- TEST – Same as the PRODUCTION setting except that the time between syncs is reduced to 1 day to make it faster to verify
- SYNC_DELETE_REFRESH_OBJECTS_vod – Determines the objects to refresh. This setting can be one of the following values:
- NONE, or empty – This disables Sync Delete Refresh Mode
A comma-separated list of object names
Objects that have Related to Top Level VMOCs do not need to be called out separately in SYNC_DELETE_REFRESH_OBJECTS_vod.
- A Veeva Message – This is useful if the list of objects is very long. The list can be entered as a Veeva Message and referenced in the Veeva setting
When enabling the SYNC_DELETE_REFRESH_MODE, all listed objects are refreshed when a user does not sync for a period of 15 days or more.
In some cases, resolving data inconsistencies may require the user to fully refresh all CRM data on the mobile device. Performing a database refresh syncs any unsynced transactions before clearing the mobile database and re-downloading all the data from the Browser (Classic) platform. A database refresh fails if there are sync errors.
A database refresh takes longer than an incremental sync, as it is downloading all data instead of only changed data from the last incremental sync.
To perform a database refresh, navigate to Options > Database. Select Refresh Database to perform a full refresh of the user’s data.
Refreshing the database does not purge or refresh media content.