Tracking CLM Key Messages
- CRM Desktop (Mac – Beta, Windows)
- Windows Tablet
Each time a key message is viewed via CLM, a Call2_Key_Message_vod record is created and stamped with information about the content viewed. This allows users to report on CLM key message metrics.
Unique activities are tracked using the same logic as group calls on the Browser (Classic) platform. See Capturing Unique Information on Group Call Attendees for more information.
For example, Sarah Jones displays a Cholecap presentation to Dr. Clinton Ackerman during a meeting. She captures his reaction to each slide. After the meeting, she runs a report analyzing his reactions to determine which slides were most interesting to Dr. Ackerman.
In addition to the standard fields captured for regular key messages, the following fields are written to the Call2_Key_Message_vod record:
- CLM_ID_vod - stamped Media File name from the Key Message record
- Display_Order_vod - display order of the CLM Key Messages that the Key Message is shown
- Duration_vod - duration of the visit to the slide in seconds
- Presentation_ID_vod - stamped Salesforce record ID of the presentation
- Start_Time_vod - date/time that the slide was shown
- Slide_version_vod - stamped from Key Message record
- Reaction _vod - based on what was selected by the user
- CLM_Presentation_vod - lookup to the CLM Presentation that was displayed
- Name of the CLM Presentation
- Version_vod of the CLM Presentation
- Key_Message_vod - lookup to the Key Message that was displayed
- Name of the Key Message
On iPad and Windows Tablet, a view is captured when either of the following occurs:
- the user displays the slide for more than 2 seconds
- the user selects a reaction button
On CRM Desktop (Windows):
- The user is in a call
- The presentation is available for the call
- The presentation is in Presentation View and in the foreground
Duration tracking for a key message is paused when users display another window in the foreground while displaying a presentation slide.
- The key message for a slide is displayed for at least 2 seconds
Custom fields on the Call2_Key_Message_vod object are not supported and do not display on Calls if a Key Message is added to a Call. Additionally, the Category_vod and Vehicle_vod fields on the Key_Message_vod record are not used for CLM Call Key Messages.
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
Tracking Call Details
Call Detail records are created or updated for the product which was detailed via CLM, where Type_vod = EDetail_vod and the Call record has CLM_vod = TRUE when the user is done viewing media.Call Detail records are created or updated for the product detailed via CLM, where Type_vod = EDetail_vod and the Call2_vod record has CLM_vod = TRUE when the user is done viewing media.
Call2_Key_Message_vod fields are used in the following reports:
- CLM Presentation Views per Product – displays the number of CLM Presentation views grouped by Product. This is calculated based on the number of CLM Calls where the presentation was viewed.
- CLM Presentation Views by Month – displays the number of CLM Presentation views by month. This is calculated based on the number of Calls where the presentation was viewed within each month.
- CLM Presentation Views by Account – displays the number of CLM Presentation views by Account. This is calculated based on the number of Calls for each Account where the presentation was viewed.
- CLM Presentation Views by User – displays the number CLM Presentation views per user. This is calculated based on the number of Calls for each user where the presentation was viewed.
See Displaying CLM Reports for more information.
When users share CLM content during a call, they may accidentally navigate to slides inappropriate for the call, tracking the key messages for those slides on the call report. When editing the call report, users can remove irrelevant key messages by selecting the Del button next to the appropriate key message in the CLM Details section. This also deletes the related Call2_Key_Message_vod record.
The Del button does not display if the --ded section signal is configured. See Section Signals for more information.