WeChat CRM Overview
WeChat CRM is a web-based application built on top of Tencent's WeCom client. WeChat CRM allows pharma representatives to access many Veeva CRM functionalities through a convenient and integrated user interface within WeCom.
To use the WeChat platform for Veeva CRM, customers must create an app for WeChat CRM in WeCom:
- Navigate to WeCom Admin Console.
- Select the App Management tab.
- Select Create in the Self-built App section.
- Enter the following information:
- Update the App Name
- Upload the App Logo
- Select the Allowed Users
- Select Create an App.
- Populate the App Homepage URL of the newly created app with http://wcrm-36-app-ap.veevacrm.cn/spa/?orgId=<orgID>.
Replace <orgID> with the appropriate org ID.
Customers with new Salesforce orgs must configure the Salesforce connected app and WeChat Connection in the Veeva CRM org.
Configuring a Salesforce Connected App
To create a new connected app:
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Create > Apps > Connected Apps.
- Select New.
- Enter the Basic Information:
- Connected App Name: WeChat CRM
- API Name: WeChat_CRM_vod
- Enable OAuth Settings:
- Select the Enable OAuth Settings check box
- In the Callback URL field, enter one of the following URLs:
- Select OAuth Scopes:
- Access your basic information (id, profile, email, address, phone)
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Provide access to your data via the Web (web)
- Provide access to custom applications (visualforce)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Allow access to your unique identifier (openid)
- Access custom permissions (custom_permissions)
- Select Save.
- View the newly created app.
- Take note of the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
Configuring the WeChat Connection in the Veeva CRM Org
Admins must configure new Veeva CRM orgs for Approved WeChat in the Approved Messaging Administration Console tab.
- Navigate to the Approved Messaging Admin Console tab.
- Enter and confirm the WeChat integration admin user credentials in the Veeva Connection Management Section.
- Enter the following information in the WeChat Connection Management section:
- Salesforce Consumer Key: Consumer Key from the newly created connected app
- Salesforce Consumer Secret: Consumer Secret from the newly created connected app
- Salesforce Endpoint:
- SBX: https://test.salesforce.com
- PROD: https://login.salesforce.com
- WeChat Corporate ID
- WeChat Secret
- WeChat Agent Number
- WeChat Token
- WeChat Encoding AES Key
Functionality in the following areas is supported in WeChat CRM: