Mobile Device Setup Overview
Veeva CRM is available for iPads, iPhones, and Windows Tablet devices. This enables users to perform all of their actions on a portable, offline device that syncs information to and from the offline platform.
- Types of Sync
- Autosync – Sends all mobile-created data to the online server as soon as the data is created
- Incremental Sync – Sends all mobile-created data that was not synced via Autosynced due to connectivity issues, then downloads all new data and configuration changes from the online server
- Database Refresh – Re-syncs all online data and configuration with the mobile database. It is the equivalent of downloading a new database.
- Syncing Offline Data
- Using VMobile Object Configurations – VMobile Object Configurations (VMOCs) control what objects and records are synced to offline platforms
- Using the Sync Widget – The Sync widget on offline devices provides users information about sync, including whether a sync is underway, the number of pending uploads, and any sync errors
- Sync Activity and Errors
- Tracking Sync Activity – Users can view sync metrics using created Sync_Tracking_vod records
- Handling Sync Errors – Sync errors prevent users from syncing their devices to the Browser (Classic) platform and can occur in a variety of ways. When encountering a sync error, it is important to identify the cause and make the appropriate correction.