This topic provides information about the Veeva CRM 21R3.3 minor release, including important dates, webinar information, and release announcements.
All dates listed are subject to change.
Dates to Remember
- February 17, 2022– Release Notes available
- February 24, 2022 – Sandbox release
- March 3, 2022 – Production release
View the presentation recording here.
The following items are now available:
Authentication Change for SAP Concur Integration
SAP Concur will change how authentication works for integrations with partner software, including Veeva CRM. Any customers with CRM environments connected to SAP Concur need to reconnect and authenticate from within Concur’s App Center. This change will be available in the 22R1 (April '22) release. If connections are not updated by June 30th, 2022 customers may see errors in their integration. See SAP Concur Overview for more information.
Ending ASSMCA Validation
Beginning in 22R1 (April ‘22), ASSMCA licenses will no longer be validated in Veeva CRM. Since Puerto Rico no longer requires ASSMCA license validation for controlled substance sampling to HCPs, ASSMCA_vod and Ship_ASSMCA_vod fields will no longer be validated, stamped, or displayed on signature pages.
Salesforce’s Multi-factor Authentication Requirement Moved to 2023
Last year, Salesforce announced that beginning February 1, 2022, they will require customers to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to access their orgs. Salesforce is now extending the MFA requirement deadline for Veeva customers until 2023. Further details with dates will be announced as they are released from Salesforce. For more information on implementing MFA, see Requiring Multi-Factor Authentication for Salesforce.
Updating Engage Meeting License Management
Engage Meeting license management is being updated for the 22R1.0 release. The following conditions and changes apply to this update:
The sandbox release for 22R1.0, currently scheduled for March 31, 2022, will upgrade sandbox orgs with three new fields on the User object:
Also, the Engage_Group_vod field will automatically populate based on users’ currently assigned Engage Meeting groups. This field information is only available to the VAdmin.
Admins will not be able to add or remove users from Engage Meeting groups during the following times:
- Friday, April 1, 9:00 am–5:00 pm PST– Only sandbox orgs
- Friday, April 15, 9:00 am–5:00 pm PST– Both sandbox and production orgs
Engage Meeting functionality will not be interrupted during these times.
See Engage Meeting License Management for more information.
In 21R3, all Veeva customer orgs which are not already upgraded will be upgraded to be Lightning-ready. This does not automatically enable Lightning for users but converts Veeva functionality to be Lightning compatible. See Schedule of Lightning Upgrades for more information.
CRM Desktop (Windows) Support
Starting in 22R1 (April '22), the CRM Desktop (Windows) app will have the following restrictions and requirements:
- Only WebView2 will be supported
- Windows 8 will no longer be supported
- Only the 64-bit version of Windows 10 or higher will be supported
Veeva CRM Standard Metrics
Veeva CRM Standard Metrics enable customers to capture better insights, normalize data across regions and orgs, and increase downstream innovation. The following standard metrics fields will be mandatory in 22R1 (April ’22):
As of 22R1, the Call_Channel_vod field is non-configurable and must be populated on every call report. If the Country_Code_vod and User_Type_vod fields are not populated already, mobile device users are required to enter their country and user type when they log in to Veeva CRM.
Based on customer feedback, the following optional features are now available for the Standard Metrics Call Channel:
- Auto-Populating the Call Channel - Admins can configure the Standard Metrics Call Channel field to auto-populate based on existing custom fields. This functionality is supported for Browser (Classic), iPad, iPhone, and Windows Tablet users.
- Restricting Call Channels - Admins can disable unapproved call channels (Email, Chat or Text, Other) from the Standard Metrics Call Channel picklist. This functionality is supported for iPad, iPhone, and Windows Tablet users.
Deprecating Platform Support
The following platforms will no longer be supported after the 23R3 Release:
- Classic Online – All orgs must transition to Lightning by this time
- CRM for Windows Tablet
End of Support
See End of Support for a list of deprecated features, devices, and OS versions.