Displaying PowerPoint Presentations in CLM
- CRM Desktop
CLM presentations containing PowerPoint content launch in PowerPoint outside the CLM media player, while still using the media library. This allows users to maintain the animations and transitions of their PowerPoint presentations, while still ensuring the latest approved version of the presentation is available.
PowerPoint presentations displayed in the PowerPoint application can be shared in an Engage Meeting if the host is enabled to share their screen.
For example, Sarah Jones displays a PowerPoint presentation about Cholecap during a meeting with Dr. Clinton Ackerman. When she selects the presentation from her media library, it displays in the external PowerPoint application on her device, maintaining the formatting and transitions of the presentation.
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
- The PowerPoint application must be installed on user devices
- PowerPoint presentations are not supported as sub-presentations
- To allow Engage Meeting hosts to share presentations in PowerPoint on CRM Desktop, the Start Meeting from CRM Online – Disable Desktop Sharing Group Meeting Permission must not be enabled
- On CRM Desktop, using gotoSlide to launch a presentation in PowerPoint is not supported
Packaging PowerPoint Presentations for CLM
Presentations must be packaged as single slide presentations in Vault using the Create Presentation functionality or via single-doc publishing with the CRM Rendition Setting set to PowerPoint Presentation.
PowerPoint content is created correctly when the following conditions are met:
- The media zip file contains <document name>.pptx, poster.png, and thumb.png
- The PowerPoint key message is the only key message within the CLM Presentation
Launching PowerPoint Presentations from iPad and Windows
When a PowerPoint presentation is available on a user’s device, it displays in the media library with a PowerPoint logo on the presentation thumbnail. Selecting the presentation displays the title slide within the CLM player, then:
- On iPad, the iOS Open With dialogue displays. The Copy to PowerPoint option is available if the PowerPoint app is installed on the user’s device.
- On Windows, the presentation displays based on the device’s Default Apps settings
On both platforms, once the presentation is selected from the media library, the corresponding key message is tracked. See Tracking CLM Key Messages for more information.
In addition to the media library, users can access PowerPoint content from the following areas:
PowerPoint presentations are not supported in sub-presentations or custom presentations.
To launch a presentation from the online CLM media library in PowerPoint:
- Launch the online CLM media library from the call report or from the View Media Library tab. See Launching CLM Media Library from the Call Report Online for more information.
- Download the appropriate PowerPoint presentation. When a PowerPoint presentation is available on a user’s device, it displays in the media library with a PowerPoint logo on the presentation thumbnail.
- Select the presentation.
- Select Launch Media.
Users can launch multiple presentations in PowerPoint at once.
Sharing PowerPoint Presentations in Engage Meeting
To share the content displayed in the PowerPoint application in an Engage Meeting, users must start the slide show in PowerPoint before sharing their screen since the slide show displays in a separate window from the PowerPoint application:
- Start the Engage Meeting.
- Download the appropriate PowerPoint presentation in the CLM media library. When a PowerPoint presentation is available on a user’s device, it displays in the media library with a PowerPoint logo on the presentation thumbnail.
- Select the presentation.
- Select Share to launch the presentation in PowerPoint.
- Start the presentation from the Slide Show tab in PowerPoint.
- Navigate back to the media library.
- Select Desktop from the dropdown menu in the top left of the media library.
- Select the Presentation View window of the presentation to share the PowerPoint in the Engage Meeting.
If the host exits Presentation View, the screen sharing immediately ends.
Tracking PowerPoint Presentations on the Call Report
PowerPoint presentations launched from the CRM Desktop app during an Engage Meeting or a call are tracked on the same Call2_Key_Message_vod record. The record tracks which presentations were launched. Presentation slides are not tracked. Duration of the key message is not tracked and by default the Duration_vod field is populated with the value 3 seconds.