Using Vault's Auto-Publishing for CLM
Auto-publishing (previously single-doc publishing) for CLM allows Vault content creators to make documents available for CLM by populating metadata specific to CRM directly on an original document. Vault then automatically generates the distribution package required for CLM. This eliminates the need to create and manage a separate Multichannel Binder and Multichannel Slides. Auto-publishing for CLM supports PowerPoint™, PDF, Word™, and video files.
There are several benefits in Vault to using auto-publishing for CLM content:
- Centralizes document attributes
- Streamlines the management of CRM content packages from a single Vault document, eliminating the need to manage separate sets of the same document
- Condenses all document states to a single lifecycle
- Auto-publishing only supports embedded images with the .png or .jpeg file extensions
- Auto-publishing supports slide titles and numbering for PowerPoint presentations via CRM Rendition settings in Vault
CRM Rendition Setting records define how presentations display to end users in the CLM media library in Veeva CRM. Vault admins define default CRM renditions by document type and file type. When a Vault admin sets the Publish to CRM (CLM) (clm_content__v) field in a document's properties to true, the system generates the appropriate content and metadata for CRM in the background. See Creating CRM Rendition Settings for more information on configuring the default CRM Rendition Settings. For more information on renditions, see Working with Renditions.
Content creators can override the default rendition setting for a document type and file type by populating the CRM Rendition Override (crm_rendition_override__v) field when creating a document in Vault. After the content creator saves the document, Vault generates a distribution package based on the selected rendition setting, instead of the default. See CRM Rendition Overrides in Vault Help for more information about the CRM Rendition Override field.
For example, to allow for slide level tracking when using the CLM media player, the default rendition setting for a PowerPoint file uploaded as a Field Medical > Slide document is Multi-Slide Presentation. However, some PowerPoint files contain embedded videos and animations pertinent to the message of the presentation. To ensure videos and animations are retained when launched from the CLM media library, content creators can select PowerPoint Presentation for the CRM Rendition Override field when uploading PowerPoint files to Vault. This allows users to launch the content in the device’s PowerPoint app rather than the CLM media player. See Displaying PowerPoint Presentations in CLM for more information.
Vault does not generate a distribution package when an incorrect CRM Rendition Override value is populated for the document for example, Single-Slide Video for a PowerPoint file). If updating the CRM Rendition Override value is the only change to a document, Vault does not re-generate the distribution package when the document is saved. To update the rendition, users can update the Publish to CRM (CLM) field to Yes. Vault then reprocesses the document using the updated CRM Rendition Override value.
Configuring CRM for Auto-Publishing for CLM
- Navigate to the CLM Administration Console tab in CRM.
- Select Single Doc or All as the connection type when creating or editing the Vault credentials.
- Select View Map in the Vault Connection Management section.
- Select Compare CRM to Vault and verify the correct fields are mapped for the document types enabled for auto-publishing.
- Select Sync.