Approved Email Entry Points
There are multiple ways to send an Approved Email. Some of these entry points are enabled by default, some require module-specific configuration.
Some entry points are limited to specific platforms.
Default Entry Points
The following Approved Email entry points do not require additional configuration:
- Account Detail Page – End users can select the Send Email button in the More Actions menu of an account detail page to begin composing an email with the selected account populated as the recipient
- Account List – End users can select one or more accounts using the Select button, then select the Send Email button in the More Actions menu to begin composing an email with the selected accounts populated as recipients
- Call Report – While in a call report, end users can select the Send Email button in the More Actions menu to begin composing an email with the attendees of the call selected as recipients
Additional Entry Points
The following Approved Email entry points require additional configuration and their respective modules to be enabled before they can be used by end users:
- Case – A case is a standard Salesforce object that can be created in response to an inquiry from an HCP that is replied to by the Medical team using an Approved Email. End users can send Approved Emails relating to a case by selecting the Send Email button on the case.
- CLM Slides – CLM content creators can directly embed links in CLM slides that launch Approved Email
- CoBrowse – CoBrowse hosts can send CoBrowse invitations using Approved Email, ensuring invitations sent to participants of a CoBrowse session are approved and accurate while also simplifying the invitation process for the host
- Engage – Hosts of Engage meetings can use Approved Emails to send invitations to recipients
- Events Management – Event organizers can use Approved Emails to communicate with event attendees before and after the event
- Medical Events – Medical event organizers can send Approved Emails to follow up on a Medical Event in the past
- Medical Inquiries – Medical users can respond to a Medical Inquiry with an Approved Email
- Surveys – Surveys can be sent to survey participants using Approved Email
- Suggestions – Suggestions can be sent as Approved Emails when the Email_Template_vod check box is selected on the Suggestion_vod record.
Admins may want to disable certain entry points for Approved Email. To disable an entry point:
- Navigate to the DISABLED_APPROVED_EMAIL_ENTRYPOINTS_vod Approved Email setting.
Enter the appropriate values using the format EntryPoint1;;EntryPoint2:
- Account_vod – Disables sending an Approved Email from the account list
- Call_vod – Disables sending an Approved Email from a call
- CLM_vod – Disables sending an Approved Email from a CLM presentation
- CoBrowse_vod – Disables sending CoBrowse invitations using Approved Email.
- MyAccounts_vod – Disables sending an Approved Email from the account detail page
- RemoteMeeting_vod – Disables sending Remote Meeting invitations using Approved Email
- Medical_Event_vod – Disables sending an Approved Email from a medical event
For example, Account_vod;;MyAccounts_vod;;CLM_vod
To disable exactly two entry points:
- Create a Veeva Message containing the two entry points. For example:
- Message Name = DISABLED_APPROVED_EMAIL_ENTRYPOINTS
- Category = ApprovedEmail
- Text = Account_vod;;MyAccounts_vod
- Navigate to the DISABLED_APPROVED_EMAIL_ENTRYPOINTS_vod Approved Email Custom Setting.
- Enter the Veeva Message. For example, the following references the Veeva Message from Step 1 above: DISABLED_APPROVED_EMAIL_ENTRYPOINTS;;ApprovedEmail.