Sending Approved Emails for Cases
A case is a standard Salesforce object for Service Cloud users that can be created in response to an inquiry from an HCP that is replied to by the Medical team using an Approved Email. End users can send Approved Emails relating to a case by selecting the Send Email button on the case.
Configuring Approved Email for Cases
To enable this feature:
- Ensure that Approved Email is enabled.
Grant admins, integration users, and end users the following permissions:
Object OLS Record Types Fields FLS Approved_Document_vod n/a Case_Template_vod n/a n/a Sent_Email_vod n/a Case_vod
- Grant admins, integration users, and end users access to the Send_Approved_Email_Case_vod Visualforce page.
- Create a new button called Send Email for the Case object and define the content source to be the Send_Approved_Email_Case_vod Visualforce page.
- For Browser, add Send Email to the appropriate Case page layouts as a Lightning Experience Action.
- In Vault, ensure all email templates used for Approved Emails sent from a case have an email_template_type__v field of Case Template.
Case Templates are only available when sending an Approved Email from a case and do not display as available in any other Approved Email entry point.