Sync is how offline CRM devices interact with the online, Salesforce-based platform. When a device syncs, it sends and receives data and configuration changes to and from the online platform.
Sync requires an active internet connection and the Veeva CRM application to be in the foreground of the device to be successful.
Types of Sync
- Autosync – Sends all mobile-created data to the online server as soon as the data is created
- Incremental Sync – Sends all mobile-created data that was not synced via Autosynced due to connectivity issues, then downloads all new data and configuration changes from the online server
- Database Refresh – Re-syncs all online data and configuration with the mobile database. It is the equivalent of downloading a new database.
Syncing Offline Data
- Using VMobile Object Configurations – VMobile Object Configurations (VMOCs) control what objects and records are synced to offline platforms
- Using the Sync Widget – The Sync widget on offline devices provides users information about sync, including whether a sync is underway, the number of pending uploads, and any sync errors
Sync Activity and Errors
- Tracking Sync Activity – Users can view sync metrics using created Sync_Tracking_vod records
- Handling Sync Errors – Sync errors prevent users from syncing their devices to the Online platform and can occur in a variety of ways. When encountering a sync error, it is important to identify the cause and make the appropriate correction.