Quick and efficient call reporting is at the hub of a Veeva CRM implementation. Call reporting enables users to capture every aspect of their interactions with HCPs. From when a call is scheduled to when it is submitted, all of the call information is recorded and viewed on the call report. In addition to traditional face-to-face interactions, users can capture interactions from a variety of communication channels—for example, phone calls, emails, text messages, and video calls like Engage meetings.
As the center of Veeva CRM, call report is tightly linked with other key features of Veeva CRM. Several entry points to call report are available by default, and additional entry points can be configured based on the modules enabled in a particular implementation of Veeva CRM. The call report module can be easily configured to use with other Veeva CRM modules like Account Plans, Product Plans, Call Objectives, and Sample Limits. Additionally, call report can be a launching point for MyInsights, Approved Email, and other account related activities (see Using the More Actions Button for more information).
Users can perform the following activities through the call report:
Scheduling and Planning a Call
- Schedule a call — Users can schedule a call from several entry points to the call report. Calls that are scheduled, but have not yet occurred, are in planned status.
Executing a Call
- Populate the call header— Users capture basic information about the call territory, account, and location in the fields in the call header
- Add attendees — Users add attendees to a call, or create new contacts from the call report
- Record product detailing — Users record which products were detailed in conversations with HCPs
- Record product discussions — Product discussions enable users to further classify what types of discussions or indications are covered for each product detailed in a call
- Record samples — Users record any samples, promotional items, or educational items distributed during a call
- Capture signatures — Users capture HCP signatures for samples or items distributed during the call, or for call acknowledgment
- Record Key Messages — Users can identify the specific messages that are delivered for each product or detail topic
- Record expenses — Users can record any expenses incurred during a call
- Add notes or attachments — Users can add notes or attachments to the call report
- Save a call — A call report is in saved status when the call has occurred and the user has entered some call information
Submitting a Call
- Submit a call — Users submit a call when they have recorded all call information on the call report. Once a call is submitted, it cannot be edited or deleted.
For more information on creating and scheduling calls, see Scheduling Calls and Activities.