- Browser (Classic)
To help users focus their account interactions on the relevant products, Prescriber Level Formulary visualizations enable users to quickly understand which products are covered under a particular benefit design plan. The Prescriber Level Formulary control displays as a pie chart icon in the Prescriber Level Formulary in the Browser (Classic) platform and allows end users to select the payer in the iPad platform. The controls display a pop-up window containing a product breakdown for the selected payer-account combination.
For example, Sarah Jones is preparing for an upcoming visit to a key stakeholder at Chilton Memorial Pharmacy. To understand which of Verteo’s products are relevant for the pharmacy and the health plans accepted there, she views the prescriber level formulary for Chilton Memorial Pharmacy. Sarah sees Verteo Biopharma’s Cholecap and Narbrax products have several advantages over a competitor product when prescribing with the health plans accepted at Chilton Memorial Pharmacy. Sarah highlights this information during her visit.
A MyInsights license is required for Fixed Reports.
Configuring the Prescriber Level Formulary
Grant users the following permissions:
Object OLS Record Type Fields FLS
- Grant users access to the FormularyForRepLgtnVod Visualforce page.
Configuration for iPad Users
To enable offline Fixed Reports for iPad users, complete the following additional steps:
- Grant Read OLS permission to the Sales_Transaction_vod object.
- Select the ENABLE_OFFLINE_VINSIGHTS Veeva Setting check box.
- Activate iPad VMOC records for the following objects:
- Ensure there are active iPad VMOC records for the following objects:
To populate the Prescriber Level Formulary visualization, admins must prepare the following information to CRM:
- Data Map Templates for payer sales data - these templates define how data is loaded and mapped, and provide metadata for loading sales data files. For general information on Data Map Templates, see Loading Data Map Templates.
- Payer sales data files - sales data files include several key components for the Prescriber Level Formulary. For general information on sales data, see Loading Sales Data Files.
- Payer Account records - provide account data and link payers’ account records to the corresponding payer sales data
- Formulary Product, Benefit Design, and Benefit Design Line records - provide the formulary and product information for the visualization
- Product Group Map and Analytics Product Group records - connect analytics product groups and product groups with formulary products, and enable the visualization to display market information
Preparing Data Map Templates and Sales Data
The Prescriber Level Formulary control displays sales data broken down by the payer, or health plan, reimbursing an HCP or business account for a selected product. Fixed Reports’ Data Map Templates provide a mechanism to load this sales data for HCPs and business accounts, for example, group practices.
If an account does not have the appropriate sales data, a message displays informing the user there is no sales data. Admins can customize this message using the NO_FORMULARY_DATA Veeva Message.
- Set up a Data Map Template for payer sales data (for more information, see Loading Data Map Templates).
- Select a value for the Formulary_For_Rep_Label_vod picklist field on the Data_Map _Template_vod record for payer sales data. This value determines which metric drives calculations for the Prescriber Level Formulary.
- To base calculations on the data in the Column_Label_vod field, select the First_Column_Label_vod picklist option from the Formulary_For_Rep_Label_vod picklist on the Data_Map_Template_vod record.
- To base calculations on the data in the Second Column Label field of the payer sales data file, select the Second_Column_Label_vod picklist option from the Formulary_For_Rep_Label_vod picklist on the Data_Map_Template_vode record
Since there can be multiple payer sales data files, admins must select one metric to determine which data drives Prescriber Level Formulary calculations.
- Select the Payer_Plan_Mapped_vod check box field on the Data_Map_Template_vod record to ensure payer/plan information is mapped to the appropriate Analytics_Files_vod record once payer sales data is loaded.
Load the appropriate payer sales data files (for more information, see Loading Sales Data Files). The following fields must exist in the payer sales data file and be mapped using the file’s corresponding Data Map Template:
- Id_vod – Prescriber identifier that is mapped to ID_vod__c or ID2_vod__c on the prescriber Account record
- Product_Group_vod – Product code mapped to the Name field on corresponding Analytics_Product_Group_vod records
- Payer_Plan_vod – Textual name of the payer. This is the name displayed in the Prescriber Level Formulary control.
- Payer_Id_vod – Payer identifier that maps to the Payer_Id_vod field on the payer Account record
- Sales Data Buckets – Buckets of sales data B1_vod to BX_vod, where X is equal to the number of historical data points (either weekly or monthly)
Only one payer sales data file should have a value selected for the Formulary_For_Rep_Label_vod field on the Data_Map_Template_vod record.
After processing the sales data file and the associated Data Map Template, Veeva CRM copies the Formulary_For_Rep_Label_vod value to the Analytics_Files_vod record for processing by the Prescriber Level Formulary control.
Loading CRM Records
To populate the Prescriber Level Formulary visualization, admins must load the following information to CRM:
- Load Analytics Product Group records to the Analytics_Product_Group_vod object. Analytics Product Groups map product values from the sales data file to a human readable format.
- Ensure the Display_Name_vod field on the Analytics_Product_Group_vod record is an exact literal match to the Name field on the corresponding Formulary_Product_vod record
- Ensure the Display_In_Reports_vod check box field is selected on Analytics_Product_Group_vod records. If the field is not checked, then the corresponding product is not pulled in to formulary calculations or the Prescriber Level Formulary display.
- Load Product Group Map records to the Product_Group_Map_vod object for each formulary product. These records connect Analytics Product Group records to Product Catalog records.
- Load records to the Account object for all payer accounts, also known as health insurers or benefit plans.
- Ensure the Payer_Id_vod field on each payer Account record is populated with a unique identifier matching the corresponding payer account’s Payer ID field in the Payer Level sales data file for the system. This Payer Id links sales data records with the corresponding payer account records.
- The account records can be of any record type, however, using MCO_vod or MCO_Plan_vod record types is strongly recommended
- Load Formulary Product records to the Formulary_Products_vod object.
- Ensure the Market_vod field on each Formulary_Products_vod record matches the value in the Market_vod field on the corresponding Analytics_Product_Group
- Select the Competitor_vod check box field to identify records for competitor products
- Ensure the Name field value is an exact literal match to the value in the Display_Name_vod field on the Analytics_Product_Group_vod record from the payer sales data file
- Load Benefit Design records to the Benefit_Design_vod object. Benefit Design records correspond to the various formularies a payer, or health plan, maintains.
- Ensure the Account_vod field corresponds to an existing Account record
- If a Benefit Design record takes its formulary information from another Benefit Design, populate the Parent_Design_vod field with the desired controlling Benefit Design plan. This creates a parent/child relationship between records so a child Benefit Plan inherits the following fields from a parent benefit design (for example, a national plan):
The Prescriber Level Formulary supports this inheritance model and displays formulary information for a given product and payer based upon the defined parent Benefit Design.
- Select the Primary_Benefit_Design_vod check box field on the appropriate Benefit Design records
Only select the Primary_Benefit_Design_vod check box on one Benefit Design record per payer account. To display properly in the Prescriber Level Formulary control, there must be only one primary Benefit Design per payer account.
- Load Benefit Design Line records to the Benefit_Design_Line_vod object.
- Ensure the Product_vod field value is an exact literal match to the value in the Display_Name_vod field on the corresponding Analytics_Product_Group_vod record
- If a parent/child inheritance model is defined for Benefit Design plans, the Prescriber Level Formulary supports the inheritance model and bases formulary information for a given product and payer on the defined Parent Benefit Design. See Linking to Parent Benefit Designs for more information.
For general information on using the data loader, see Salesforce’s Data Loader guide.
Viewing Prescriber Level Formulary Visualizations
Select the pie chart icon in the Prescriber Level Formulary in the Browser (Classic) platform or select the payer in the iPad platform to display a pop-up window with a product breakdown for a payer-account combination. The percentage of the sales figures for each product displays.
The following information displays for an account:
- Top 10 Payers for the account (Browser only)
- Top 5 Products for each payer - displays only the company products with sales data (Browser only)
- Product-level Benefit Design information for each product and payer combination
On the iPad platform, Prescriber Level Formulary takes advantage of a local data cache for runtime performance. The cache loads the first time the Formulary page is accessed and results in a delay of several seconds when the page is loading. Once loaded, subsequent pages display using the local cache.
Select the analytics market you want to view using the Market picklist. The payers who have reimbursed products prescribed by this account display. To highlight products with a certain status or restriction, select the appropriate status or restriction tag above the table.
To display formulary information and the percentage of sales for each account-product combination, select the chart icon. A pie chart illustrating the sales percentage for the formulary displays.
To highlight a product in the pie chart, select the slice in the chart or select the product row in the table below the chart.
The value of the Payer_Id_vod field in the payer Account records must be identical to the value of the corresponding Payer_Id_vod field in the payer sales data file. For iPad users, these accounts must be downloaded to the mobile device.
For iPad users, payer sales data is limited to one year of data.
Viewing Product Markets
Admins can view the relationship and the markets a user has access to by navigating to Analytics Markets:
- Navigate to the user’s My Setup Products.
- Select Product Catalog.
- Select Product Group Map.
- Select Analytics Product Group.
- Select Analytics Markets. The market and associated formulary products display.
For more information on viewing formulary details, see Territory Payer Analysis Report in Fixed Reports.
Displaying Out of Territory Accounts’ Formulary Information for iPad Users
To display formulary information for payer accounts outside of a user's assigned territories, admins can modify the VMOCs used to sync Benefit Design information. The iPad platform then retrieves results that match the Browser (Classic) platform without assigning territories to payer accounts for the Prescriber Formulary Report. When Benefit Design data is available for a product, the following items display on the iPad platform for each cell in the report, whether or not the payer account is assigned to the user’s territory:
To ensure consistency in the order in which the report information displays in the Online and iPad platforms, the Payer column information displays based on the total sales amount. If the total sales amount is identical for multiple payers, the payers display in alphabetical order.
The report is functional with the original configuration; however, admins must follow the steps in this procedure to display formulary information for payer accounts outside the user's territory on iPad.
To display formulary information for payer accounts outside the user’s territory :
- Deactivate the VMOC for the Benefit_Design_vod object by deselecting the Active check box on the VMOC record.
- Modify the Benefit_Design_Line_vod VMOC with the following settings:
- Type - Child and Parent Row
- Parent Object Name field - Benefit Design
- Relationship Name - Benefit_Design_Line_vod__r
- Where Clause - WHERE Product_vod__c in (select Id from Formulary_Products_vod__c)
- Active check box - selected
- Grant the user FLS visibility to the Competitor_vod field on the Benefit_Design_Line_vod object.
The Data Date now displays on the main page of the report. This is the date the payer sales data was loaded. If multiple files are used for calculations, the most recent date displays.