The Formulary Matrix is a custom s-control that brings together formulary information and sales data at the account level. The Formulary Matrix can be placed on the Account_vod page layout for any account.
A formulary is a list of products approved by a particular plan. Products are often listed in tiers by cost.
For example, Sarah Jones has a call scheduled with Chilton Memorial Pharmacy. She plans to detail a range of cold medicines for the pharmacy, and she uses the Formulary Matrix to decide which products to focus on based on coverage.
Veeva CRM Lightning Ready does not support S-controls. Admins for Lightning Ready orgs should instead configure the FormularyLgtnVod Visualforce page.
Setting Up a Formulary Matrix
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
The following is a list of general steps required to set-up the Formulary Matrix:
Verify accounts are loaded into the application.
- Add additional custom fields as required to the following objects:
- Load Picklist Values into appropriate objects.
- Formulary_Products_vod object - Market_vod picklist
- Benefit_Design_vod object - Type_vod picklist - Examples include: (Commercial, VA, Medicaid, etc.)
- Benefit_Design_Line_vod object
- Type_vod picklist - values must match exactly to what was entered in Benefit_Design_vod
- Status_vod picklist - controlled by the Type_vod picklist values. Set the include and exclude values for the Status_vod field based on the values in the Type_vod field.
- Restrictions_vod picklist - controlled by the Type_vod picklist values. Set the include and exclude values for the Restrictions_vod field based on the values in the Type_vod field.
- Load Formulary Products into the Formulary_Products_vod object.
- Identify Competitor Products within this object via Competitor_vod check box field
- Name field is the Name of the Product
- Load Benefit Design records.
- Account_vod is the Account associated to the Benefit Design
- Parent_Design_vod is the Parent Design that the Benefit Design will inherit properties from if set
- Load Benefit Design Line records.
- Load for each Benefit Design
- Verify that the loaded Restrictions_vod and Status_vod fall within the restricted picklist values based on Type_vod as defined in Status_vod picklist and Restrictions_vod picklist
- The Type_vod picklist values in both the Benefit Design and Benefit Design Line objects must match
- When creating a Benefit Design Line Item, the value of the Type_vod picklist of the parent Benefit Design is copied to the Type_vod picklist field on the Benefit Design Line Item
- The Type_vod picklist field on the Benefit Design Line Item is used as the controlling field on the Status_vod and Restrictions_vod picklist fields for the Benefit Design Line Item. This determines what values are available in each of the Status and Restrictions picklists.
- Be sure to set your competitor flags in the Formulary Products object for optimal data viewing.
For more information on the Formulary Matrix or loading data into these objects, refer to Data Loading in CRM.
Using the Formulary Matrix
The Formulary_Products_vod object stores the entire market-product hierarchy, including competitor flags. Each product must have a market in order for it to be displayed properly in the Formulary Matrix. You can optionally set the competitive flags if you want to distinguish your products in the Formulary Matrix with bold font.
Custom fields can be added to this object, but existing fields cannot be deleted. New fields are used for reporting purposes only and do not display in the Formulary Matrix.
Users must have at least one Benefit Design per account to use the Formulary Matrix. When you create the benefit designs, data entered in the # Lives and % Lives fields display in parenthesis in the Formulary Matrix Benefit Design pick list.
The Type field is very important. This field controls the values available in the Status and Restrictions pick lists in the Benefit Design Lines page. You can enter any value into this picklist.
Users can add new custom fields to this object; they display in the Benefit Designs related list off the Account Profile, as well as, on the Benefit Designs detail page. These fields are also available for reporting purposes. Existing fields cannot be deleted.
Benefit Design Lines
Benefit Design Lines are child records of Benefit Designs. There is one row for each product covered within the Benefit Design.
Two sets of data fields exist for tracking Status, Restrictions, and Notes: one for employee-entered data and one for source data purchased from a third-party vendor. It is recommended you set field level security on the source data fields to read-only. If both versions of data exist, the Formulary Matrix displays the employee data.
The Type_vod field is calculated from the Type_vod field at the Benefit Design level. The Status and Restrictions picklists are cascading picklists dependent upon the Type_vod field. Be sure to associate the appropriate values for Status and Restriction codes to the appropriate Type.
Linking to Parent Designs
Users can link to other Benefit Designs in the event that their Benefit Design takes its Status, Notes and Restrictions from another account, such as a parent account. When this happens, the Formulary Matrix only displays the data from the Parent Design. Users have the ability to override individual values of the parent design, however. When this happens, one row is created in the Benefit Design Lines table which represents the overridden values. The overridden record that is created is a copy of the Benefit Design Line record from the Parent Benefit Design.
The following fields are copied from the Parent Benefit Design Line record:
- Status (Source)
- Restrictions (Source)
- Notes (Source)
- Custom fields on Benefit Design Line Object