Adding the Business Professional Entity Record Type
- Browser (Classic)
- Windows Tablet
The business professional record type enables users to capture information about a person account at a single business account location. For organizations where the relationship between the person account and business account is integral for account management and call reporting, the Business_Professional_vod person account record type allows a person and a place to be represented as a single entity.
For example, Sarah Jones has an account, Dr. Clinton Ackerman, at both Chilton Memorial Hospital and A Center for Dermatology. The account name displays as Ackerman, Clinton (Chilton Memorial) or Ackerman, Clinton (A Center for Dermatology). When Sarah visits Dr. Ackerman at Chilton Memorial Hospital, she creates a call against his Chilton Memorial account. All call information is kept separate from the data for Dr. Ackerman’s Center for Dermatology account, maintaining the division between business accounts required by Verteo Biopharma.
Configuring the Business Professional Entity Record Type
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable this feature, populate the Primary_Parent_vod lookup field on the Account object with a business account.
Using the Business Professional Entity Record Type
This record type is supported inherently for the Account Profile screen and its controls, for example, Product Metrics and Territory Specific Fields. The following areas of the application have special handling around business professionals:
- All areas of the account name display the Business Professional name in the following format: “Last Name, First Name (Primary Parent Name)". For example, “Smith, John (General Hospital)”
- All related business professional person accounts also return in business account search results
- Business professional creation is supported in the New Account Wizard for the Parent Business Account record type
- The Business Professional account type is not impacted by the Account Identifier or Account Name Expansion
- If the Location_vod field is on the Call2_vod page layout, the primary parent of the Business Professional automatically saves as the call location for that call
- Call location also drives the attendee search for this call. Available attendees are a match on the Primary Parent.
For more information, see Call Reporting with Child Accounts.
On Cycle Plans, Business Professional targets displays in two columns: Contact and Primary Account.
To modify the column labels, edit the following field labels:
- Primary Parent column - edit the Primary_Parent_vod field label on the Account object
- Contact column - edit the Cycle_Plan_Account_vod field label on the Cycle_Plan_Target_vod objects
Modifying these field labels modifies the labels everywhere they display in Veeva CRM.