Submitting Multiple Call Expenses to SAP Concur
- Browser (Classic, Lightning)
End users may incur multiple expenses as part of meetings with HCPs, for example, meals and beverages purchased for a lunch and learn. Admins can configure the Veeva CRM integration with SAP Concur to enable end users to report multiple expenses within calls, avoiding manual entry in both systems.
End users can create multiple expenses as part of a call report. These call expenses can be configured as part of the SAP Concur integration and submitted for expense reporting.
Who Can Use This Feature?
- Platforms – Browser (Classic, Lightning), iPad, iPhone
- Licensing – Available to users integrated with SAP Concur
- Users – Admin users, end users
Configuring Multiple Call Expenses
To configure this feature for admin users:
Ensure the following features are enabled:
Grant the following permissions:
To configure this feature for end users:
- Ensure Configuring Call Report Expense is enabled.
Grant the following permissions:
Add the Expense_Amount_vod field to the appropriate Call2_vod object page layouts. This field must be added to a new, single-column section. Do not place any other fields in the section.
Admins can enable specific page layouts to continue to use a single expense entry by instead placing this field in an existing section of the page layout.
- Add the CurrencyIsoCode field to the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts. This step is only required in multi-currency orgs.
Activate the appropriate VMOCs for the following objects:
Creating Expense Types
Admins must create Expense_Type_vod records that map to SAP Concur to allow end users to select different expense types when entering calls.
Expense_Type_vod records must utilize a corresponding SAP Concur ExpenseTypeCode. To retrieve the list of expense codes from SAP Concur:
- Log in to SAP Concur as an admin with access to Expense Admin.
- Navigate to Localization > Export Localization.
Select Expense Types.
- Select Export.
Open the downloaded localization txt file. This file contains available ExpenseTypeCode used for mapping to Expense Type.
Once all Expense Type Codes are retrieved from SAP Concur, create all appropriate Expense_Type_vod records in Veeva CRM with the following properties:
- Exclude_From_vod – This multi select picklist must not have Call_vod selected
- Expense_Code_vod – Populate this field with the corresponding SAP Concur ExpenseTypeCode
- Active_vod checkbox enabled
Expense_Type_vod records used for call expenses can also be used with Events Management Expenses. Parent Expense Types are not supported.
Viewing Expense Line Mappings
Mappings for submitting multiple expenses to SAP Concur can be found in the Expense Line to Expense Entry section of the Concur Admin tab. The following mappings are available by default:
Creating Multiple Expenses on a Call
End users can enter multiple expenses from Call2_vod records:
- Navigate to the section of the call report containing the Expense_Amount_vod field.
Select Add Line.
Populate the following fields:
- Transaction_Date_vod – Defaults to either the Call_Datetime_vod or Call_Date_vod field
- Expense_Type_vod – Select the appropriate active Expense_Type_vod record. Records with an Exclude_From_vod field containing Call_vod do not display for selection
- Amount_vod – The amount of the expense
- Description_vod – This field is optional
- Select Add Line again and repeat this process to enter multiple expense lines.
Select either Save or Submit. When the call is saved or submitted, the following Call2_vod fields update automatically:
- Expense_Amount_vod – The sum of Amount_vod on all entered expense lines
- Expense_Post_Status_vod – Pending
When Attaching Expense Receipts for Call Reporting with SAP Concur is enabled, receipts are saved to the parent call. Receipts are consolidated and submitted with each expense line to SAP Concur.
Once calls with multiple expenses are saved or submitted, Expense_vod records are created for each added expense line.
Syncing Calls with Multiple Expenses to SAP Concur
Calls with multiple expenses are synced to SAP Concur by scheduling the SAP Concur Sync or manually initiating the sync from the Concur Admin tab.
Expense_vod records created from Call2_vod records are synced to the connected instance of SAP Concur based on the configured field mappings.
The results of sync processes can be reviewed in the Concur Sync History table on the Concur Admin tab.
Each row in the table contains the following information:
- Total Call Expenses – The number of expense lines submitted
- Total Call Expense Attendees – The total number of attendees submitted per expense. If there are multiple expenses per call the number is multiplied by the number of call attendees.
- Total Expense Receipts – The number of expense receipts
Selecting a job in the table downloads a spreadsheet for all synced records for the selected area, enabling admins to view more details about each synced record.