Using Salesforce Files in Veeva CRM with Lightning
- Browser (Lightning)
- Windows Tablet
Users can use Salesforce Files to easily create, organize, and collaborate on documents. Files have their own version control and more comprehensive sharing settings, making them more flexible than Documents and Attachments.
Veeva CRM does not support uploading attachments from cloud storage apps on the iPad platform, including when users go online in the embedded browser.
In Veeva CRM with Lightning, Salesforce Files are supported in the following areas:
- End users viewing Files via the Notes & Attachments related list on all platforms
- End users creating Files via the Notes & Attachments related list on iPad, Online, and Windows Tablet platforms
- Concur Integration for Events Management processing receipts uploaded as Files
- Admins uploading the Events Management Speaker Contracts, Print Invitation, and Sign-in Sheet templates as Files
- Admins uploading the Events Management Speaker CV as a File
- Admins uploading signature page resources as Files
- Admins uploading CRM image resources as asset files
The Files related list is not supported. See Getting Started with Veeva CRM and Lightning for more information on Lightning in CRM.
For example, in the Lightning Experience, Alice Adams, an admin, uploads a new image for the call acknowledgment signature page as a file. Sarah Jones, a user on her mobile device, records a call with Dr. Clinton Ackerman and captures his signature, where the newly uploaded image can be viewed. Sarah then attaches a photo taken from her iPad camera to the call using the Attachments related list on her mobile device, creating an Attachment. Sarah can still view the image she attached to the call online when she views it on her laptop in the Lightning Experience.
In order to sync Files to mobile devices, the following objects require VMOCs for all platforms. These VMOCs are enabled by default:
The WHERE clause for the ContentDocumentLink VMOC can only be customized to filter on the LinkedEntityId field.
When Salesforce Files are enabled to sync to mobile devices, the Include Attachments check box on VMOCs syncs the associated Salesforce Files for which the end user has visibility. For example, if the existing Account VMOC has the Include Attachments check box selected, the associated Salesforce Files for those Account records sync to the mobile device.
To upload attachments as Salesforce Files on mobile devices, see Attaching Salesforce Files on Mobile Devices.
Files in MyInsights
To enable both Attachments and Salesforce Files for MyInsights visualizations to sync and display on mobile devices:
- Select the Include Attachments check box for VMOCs on the HTML_Report_vod object. This ensures all Attachments and Files related to HTML_Report_vod records sync.
- Disable any VMOCs for the Attachment object created specifically for the HTML_Report_vod object and/or remove any logic related to the HTML_Report_vod object in the WHERE clauses.
- Select the Metadata Only check box on VMOCs for the ContentDocumentLink object.
Alternatively, to sync only the Attachments and/or Salesforce Files associated with HTML_Report_vod records by defining custom criteria in the WHERE clauses:
- Deselect the Include Attachments check box for VMOCs on the HTML_Report_vod object.
- Ensure WHERE clauses for VMOCs on the Attachment and/or ContentDocumentLink objects contain logic to sync zip files for the HTML_Report_vod object.
- Deselect the Metadata Only check box on VMOCs for the ContentDocumentLink object.
Files for Contract Templates
To enable Salesforce Files for Contract Templates to sync to mobile devices, select the Include Attachments check box for VMOCs on the Contract_vod object.
Using Salesforce Files with the CDN Publisher
Certain CRM features use a Content Distribution Network (CDN) hosted in CRM in conjunction with Salesforce Files. To enable the CDN Publisher, complete the following configuration.
To configure this feature for admins:
Grant the following permissions:
- Grant admins access to the CRM_CDN_Administration_vod Visualforce page.
CDN Integration User
To configure this feature for the CDN integration user:
Grant the integration user the following permissions:
- Grant the integration user access to the CRM_CDN_Administration_vod Visualforce page.
- Create a tab for the CRM_CDN_Administration_vod Visualforce page and assign it to the integration user.
- Navigate to the CRM CDN Distribution Administration tab.
Navigate to the Veeva CRM Connection Management section.
- Select Edit.
Populate the following fields to define the integration user:
- Username – The username of the integration user
- Password – The password of the integration user
- Is this a Sandbox? – Select this check box if the org is a sandbox
- Select Save to validate the entered credentials of the integration user.
Using Salesforce Files
In Lightning, users can create Files but can only view Attachments. After enabling the Lightning Experience for a user, that user automatically has the ability to create Files instead of Attachments.
Admins can upload the following resources as Files via the Notes & Attachments related list on the Browser (Classic) platform:
- Displaying a Marketing Banner
- Events Management: Speaker Contract Template
- Events Management: Print Invitation Template
- Events Management: Sign-in Sheet Template
- HTML content zip files for MyInsights content
Admins should replace an old version of a Salesforce File by uploading a new version since versioning is a core Files functionality from Salesforce.
Ensure end users have visibility to the File since Files have a more flexible sharing model than Attachments. Admins should ensure the sharing setting for Files uploaded via Notes & Attachments related lists are Set by Record. Admins can set the visibility of each uploaded File via its Share button or for all Files via the Salesforce Files General Settings.
To use Files in an org configured with profile-based Chatter, admins should enable Chatter for users but ensure users cannot make Chatter posts. See the Salesforce Help for more information on preventing users from creating Chatter posts.
See the Salesforce Files documentation for more information on creating, sharing, and collaborating on Files.
Using the Asset Library
Admins can upload CRM image resources to the Asset Library via the Files tab instead of the Documents tab.
To upload an asset file:
- Navigate to the Files tab.
- Select Libraries.
- Select Asset Library.
- Select Upload Asset File.
- Enter the appropriate Asset File Name. The following logos require specific file names:
- Company logo on the mobile home screen
- Customizing the Signature Page
- Image on the order signature screen
- Image on the medical inquiry signature screen
- Image on the contracts signature screen
- Image on the Events Management walk-in and sign-in attendees screens
- Image on the sample opt-in consent screen