Configuring Order Management
Initial configuration includes the setup of all default functionality. Advanced functionality requires additional configuration.
Ensure the following:
- All accounts that will place orders allow orders. See Restricting Orders for an Account for more information.
- All desired Product Catalogs with Product Type Order, and Parent Product Type Detail, have been created
- Pricing Rules are defined with Record Type List_Price_Rule_vod for all products that can be ordered
- The appropriate products of type Order are selected for each user in My Setup
To configure Order Management for all users:
- Grant the following permissions for each profile that requires access:
To ensure consistency for the pricing engine, provide permissions to the fields in the following table even if they are not exposed on the page layout.
Object OLS Record Types Fields FLS Account_vod n/a n/a Account_Group_vod Read
My_Setup_Products_vod n/a n/a Product_vod Read
Pricing_Rule_vod R n/a All fields Read
Set the default value for the following fields on the Account object:
- Ensure the appropriate profiles are enabled for VODDatabaseApi Apex class.
- Select the Order Management2 Veeva Setting check box.
- Enter a value of 1 for the Order Touch Entry Mode Veeva Setting.
- Ensure the appropriate profiles have access to the VODRedirect_4000_vod Visualforce page.
- Enable the following Visualforce pages for the appropriate profiles:
- Ensure the View, Edit, and Clone buttons on the Order_vod object are overridden with the corresponding Visualforce page.
Place the Orders related list on the appropriate Account page layout.
Enable the New Orders button for the Orders related list on the appropriate Account page layout.
- Ensure a VMOC exists and is active for all relevant device types for the following:
- Order Line
- Order Campaign
- Pricing Rule