- Online (Lightning)
The Stakeholder Navigator is a read-only visualization of the general structure and relationship between accounts in the user’s territory to help users understand the makeup of an account.
For example, Key Account Managers (KAMs) can use it to understand important people, for example HCPs or KOLs, and relationships within an account, which in turn helps them create and execute a successful account management strategy.
In another example, Sarah Jones is a KAM who has a new key account to cover. She uses the Stakeholder Navigator to get an idea of who the key stakeholders are within the account, and what relationships they have to other people in the organization, so she can use that information to understand who to target as a part of the account plan.
Configuring Stakeholder Navigator
To enable this feature:
Grant the following permissions to all users:
Object OLS Record Types Fields FLS
- Enable the following Apex Classes:
- Add the Stakeholder_Navigator_vod action to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action section of the appropriate Account or Account_Plan_vod page layouts.
To view the Stakeholder Navigator, select the Stakeholder Navigator button on an account or an account plan.
Exploring the Stakeholder Navigator
Using the set of buttons on the left of the Stakeholder Navigator, users can do the following:
- – Find accounts
- – Filter accounts
- – Consult a legend for account and affiliation information
- – Displays full hierarchy
- – Zoom in
- – Zoom out
Users can also drag the hierarchy on the screen to focus on a particular section.
Loading the Hierarchy
To enhance performance, either one or two levels of the hierarchy load by default on the Stakeholder Navigator. Each level comprises the child accounts for the parent account that displays. For example, if Newton Memorial Health is the root account, or the account from which the Stakeholder Navigator was opened, and has four child accounts, those four accounts are the first level. The child accounts of the first level comprise the second level of accounts.
- For parent accounts with fewer than 500 child accounts, two levels of child accounts load
- For parent accounts with more than 500 child accounts, the first level of child accounts loads. Users can open more levels as needed.
Each account card in the Stakeholder Navigator contains information on child accounts and affiliations.
- Numbers display in the lower right corner of each account card if the account has either child accounts or affiliations. The number beside the arrow icon represents affiliations, and the number beside the person icon represents child accounts.
- All accounts with child accounts loaded, either as part of the initial load or by the user selecting the + icon, display on the left side of the screen with room to expand the child accounts
- A plus icon at the bottom of an account card indicates data was not yet retrieved from the database. Users can select the icon to load child account data.
- An arrow icon at the bottom of an account card indicates all data is loaded. Selecting the up arrow collapses the hierarchy, and selecting the down arrow expands it.
- The ellipsis icon indicates more child accounts are available to display for a parent account. The first ten child accounts display initially, and selecting the ellipsis icon loads ten more child accounts at a time.
- If the root account a user is viewing has a parent account, selecting the plus icon above the account displays both the parent and sibling accounts above it in the hierarchy.
- Selecting the three lines on an account card allows users to open either the Account Timeline or the Account Detail screen.
Account Slideout Modal
When a user selects an account card in the Stakeholder Navigator, a popup screen displays with three tabs.
- Information – lists account information, for example, email address, phone number, and specialty.
- Affiliations – lists all affiliations between the account and other accounts in the Stakeholder Navigator
- Child Accounts – lists all child accounts for the account
The tabs display based on available information. For example, if an account does not have child accounts, the Child Accounts tab does not display.
Both the Affiliations and Child Account tabs allow users to hide or display the affiliated or child account by selecting the eye icon. Users can also highlight the account in the visualization by selecting the Locator icon. For example, the Sara Sedgwick-O’donnell account is affiliated with Newton Memorial Health System. Selecting the eye icon hides the affiliated account. Selecting the eye icon again displays the affiliated account.
Finding Accounts in the Stakeholder Navigator
The Find functionality allows users to find information for accounts loaded into the Stakeholder Navigator and that are not otherwise filtered out. Selecting the result displays basic account information along with the show/hide icon and the Target icon.
Filtering the Stakeholder Navigator
Several filtering options exist on the Stakeholder Navigator. Users can select to always display Key Stakeholders and to only show accounts that have affiliations. Accounts can also be refined by specialty or by territory.
When a filter is applied, all accounts meeting the criteria display along with any accounts that must display for the Stakeholder Navigator to show a link to the root account. For example, if an HCP account meets a user’s filtering criteria but its parent accounts do not, the parent accounts display to show the path from the HCP account to the root account.
Affiliations can be refined by relationship strength, role, and therapeutic area. Users can also specify that only affiliations with influence should display.
Users can select the Toggle Affiliations button, which displays in the top right of the screen, to display affiliations as curved lines in the Stakeholder Navigator. The arrow at the end of the line indicates the direction of the affiliation.
Affiliations display based on strength:
- Red - Weak affiliations
- Green - Medium affiliations
- Blue - Strong affiliations
- Gray - Affiliation without strength
A dashed line indicates an affiliation without influence.