Using the Chat Tab
Chat allows a user to have two way messaging with a connected HCP, or with another user within the same company.
Users can type and send messages. Line breaks, links, and emojis in chat messages are supported.
Adding images and files in chat is not supported.
Users can also copy and forward messages. See Copying and Forwarding Chat Messages in Engage Connect for more information.
When viewing a chat with an HCP, the Veeva CRM button () displays beside the HCP’s name if the HCP has a corresponding account record in Veeva CRM. Select the button to navigate to the account record in the Veeva CRM app.
The user must have permission to view the account record. If the user does not have access, selecting the Veeva CRM button displays the home page.
An HCP connection is associated with their Veeva CRM account when one of the following occurs:
- The user invites the HCP to connect via Approved Email
- The HCP joins an Engage meeting
- The user sends a web link to the HCP via Engage Connect
- The user invites the HCP to connect via Veeva CRM. See Sending Engage Connection Invites to HCPs for more information.
Admins can define content filters for Engage Connect groups to restrict the approved content CRM users can share via Engage chat in the Engage tab in Veeva CRM or in Engage Connect, and the samples and materials HCPs can request from those users in Engage. Content filters work in conjunction with a user's country, user type, and assigned brands to determine which content is available to share. For example, there may be multiple indications for a product, but users in a particular Engage Connect group only have permission to share approved content for a specific indication via Engage chat.
Configuring Content Filters
To configure content filters for approved content and samples and materials, admins must define the content filters in both the company configuration file and the appropriate Engage Connect group setting. Filters are defined by customers and do not need to follow any specific format, as long as they match in the company configuration file and in the Engage Connect group settings. Multiple filters are supported and can be listed in any order.
If filters are not defined for a given piece of content on the company configuration file, it is available to all users regardless of whether their Engage Connect group specifies any filters. For example, an admin defines Filter A for the Engage Connect group. The admin then includes Filter A in the company configuration file for an approved content file, but not for a specific sample. Users in the Engage Connect group can share the approved content file in chat, and HCPs can still request the sample from users.
In another example, an admin defines Filter A and Filter B for the Engage Connect group, and includes Filter B and Filter C in the company configuration file for an approved content file. Users in the Engage Connect group can share the approved content file because Filter B is configured in both the group setting and the company configuration file.
To update the company configuration file:
- Navigate to the Engage Connect Group Administration tab.
- Navigate to the Company Data Import/Export section.
- Select Export Data to download the formatted company configuration file.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Navigate to the Content Tab to define filters for approved content, and the Sample Tab to define filters for samples and materials.
- Populate the Content Filters column appropriately with a semicolon delimited list of filters. The Content Filters column displays immediately before the Active? column in both the Content Tab and the Sample Tab.
The column is limited to 80 characters. Leading and trailing spaces are not supported.
- Save the file.
- Navigate back to the Company Data Import/Export section of the Engage Connect Group Administration tab.
- Select Choose File to upload the edited company configuration file.
- Select Import Data.
To update the Engage Connect Group settings:
- Navigate to the Engage Connect Administration tab.
- Select Edit for the appropriate Engage Connect Group.
- Populate the Content Filters field appropriately with a semicolon delimited list of filters.
The field is limited to 80 characters. Leading and trailing spaces are not supported.
- Select Save.
The Share Contact () button enables CRM users to share contact cards of other CRM users at their company with HCP connections, allowing HCPs to connect to other CRM users. CRM users can share contact cards for other active CRM users who are in the same company and country, or who are in the same company and associated with at least one of the same brands of the sender and recipient. The contact is sent as a card within the chat message. The contacts do not need to have previously signed into Engage Connect.
HCPs can select a shared contact card to view the contact’s profile in Engage. From there, HCPs can communicate with the contact via the communication methods available for the CRM user, including chat, email, or phone.
The Approved Content () button enables users to send approved content to HCPs from a list of content links defined for that user.
The Approved Content selector only displays content based on the following criteria:
- Assigned brands
- User role
- Content filters
The content is grouped by brand. Users can select Preview to open the link in a browser.
You can only select one piece of content per message.
Content is sent as a link within the message window.