Users can access all pertinent information for an account on the Account Details screen. By default, the My Accounts screen lists all accounts visible to the user. The Classic tab displays the Account Name, Primary Parent, Address, Account Identifier, Phone, and Email.
All fields from the Account_vod object can be exposed to the page layout of the Account_vod record type and displayed on this screen.
If any related lists or special Veeva functionality, for example, the Cycle Plan dial, is added to the page layout, it displays on or is accessible from this screen based on platform availability.
FLS combined with page layouts permission controls which fields are editable by and visible to users.
To display the Engage profile indicator on accounts, see Displaying the Engage Profile Indicator on Accounts for more information.
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
Displaying the New Button in My Accounts
The New button in My Accounts supports four configuration options to control the behavior for creating an account:
- Salesforce.com New Account button - The New button on My Accounts uses the standard Salesforce.com new account behavior by default. If the NEW_Account_WIZARD Veeva Setting is disabled, the New button reflects the default behavior.
- New Account Wizard - The New Account Wizard allows a user to create an account and corresponding address at the same time. The wizard can also be configured to capture additional territory specific fields and account license information. If the NEW_Account_WIZARD Veeva Setting is enabled, the New button reflects the Veeva CRM new account specific behavior.
- Parent Account Wizard - The Parent Account Wizard allows a user to create an account and associate a parent account simultaneously. Rather than manually entering a new address, the user can choose an address from a list of available addresses for the selected parent account. As with the New Account Wizard, the Parent Account Wizard can be configured to capture additional territory specific fields and account license information. If the NEW_Account_WIZARD and ENABLE_PARENT_Account_WIZARD Veeva Settings are both enabled, the New button reflects the Parent Account Wizard specific behavior.
- Custom New Account Control - The New Account behavior can be customized by creating a copy of the My_Accounts_vod S-Control and overriding the nau parameter in the code to point to a custom s-control. Disable the New_Account_Wizard_vod Veeva Setting and enable the custom s-control using a new web tab to override the default New Account behavior. This configuration is often used if implementing duplicate record checking via integration to a third-party data management system.
Veeva CRM Lightning Ready does not support S-controls. Admins for Lightning Ready orgs should instead configure the MyAccountsLgtnVod Visualforce page.
The New button in My Accounts displays if any of these four scenarios are met:
- The user has all permissions needed to create DCRs
- The Network Account Search setting is enabled
- The user has create permission to the Account_vod object and the CRM_MANAGED_Account_TYPES;;NETWORK Veeva Messages do not contain a value
- The Third_Party_Managed_Account_Types Network Setting is enabled with the appropriate record type
Searching and Filtering Accounts
Users can filter the list of accounts using type-ahead search through the search box in the toolbar, using the index bar, or using account-type filters.
Select the Search box at the top of the screen to initiate a type-ahead search. The list refreshes with matching accounts after each letter is typed. The index bar displays down the right edge of the list. Selecting a letter filters the list based on the account name for business accounts and the last name for person accounts.
Record type filters display on the left side of the screen. Users can choose to display business accounts, person accounts, or both by toggling the check boxes next to each type.
Users can also create a call, launch media, or drill into an account from the My Accounts list. The new call and media buttons display only if the user has permission to call on the account.
If Order Management or Inventory Monitoring is enabled, the Record a Call and Start Media buttons display in an action sheet with New Order or New Inventory Monitoring options.
Addresses in Accounts
When an account has multiple addresses, the preferred address for the territory, stored in the TSF_vod object, is used. If a preferred address is not identified, the primary address displays. The primary address is the main address for the account.
If neither a preferred nor primary address is identified, the first address displays, sorted by SFDC Id. The Table tab displays data specified by the view, which can be configured online. Each row also has an icon reflecting the account's record type.
For more information, see Using Addresses in Accounts.
Setting the Number of Records to View in My Accounts
Online users can select the number of viewable accounts per page on the My Accounts tab. A picklist giving users the option to view 10, 25, 50, 100, or 200 records per screen is visible on both the top left and bottom left of the list of accounts. This selection is saved as a user preference in the Records_Per_Page_vod field on the Preferences_vod_c object.
More Actions Button
Permissions on the Account_List_Item_vod and Account_List_vod objects determine which options are available for the More Actions button on My Accounts. If a user has delete permissions to the Account_List_Item_vod object, the Remove from List option displays. If the user has Create access to the Account_List_Item_vod object, the Add to List option displays.
The first four fields in account related lists display on the iPad platform. Related lists are sorted based on the default sort configured in the page layout.
Users can select the column header of a field to sort the related list by that field.
Auto-Number, Lookup, and Salesforce ID fields do not display in related lists for CRM for iPad.
Using Mass Update in My Accounts
The Mass Update button allows users to update information on multiple accounts at once, saving them time and reducing the chance of errors.
For example, Sarah Jones notices three HCPs in her territory who have new specialties. She selects the HCPs in My Accounts and uses Mass Update to change the information all at once.
Fields on the following objects can be updated through Mass Update:
- Territory Field
- Product Metrics (excluding detail groups and product-specific metric configurations)
Dynamic attributes are not supported for Mass Update.
This button is visible by default. To remove the Mass Update button on My Accounts, enable the DISABLE_MASS_UPDATE_vod Veeva Setting.
Formula fields are evaluated on the server and synchronized to the device as text values. If any data used in the calculation for a formula field is changed, the updated field value is applied the next time the user syncs.
When a Formula field value changes, the change is synced when the systemmodstamp is updated on the record.
To enable users to download accounts via Excel or CSV from the My Accounts screen, deselect the Disable_Account_Download_CSV_Excel_vod Veeva Setting check box.