Managing Call Cycles
- Windows Tablet
To streamline call planning and scheduling for recurring call patterns, users can save sets of recurring calls as a call cycle, then apply the call cycle to create all their upcoming calls for the week at once.
For example, Sarah Jones regularly meets with Dr. Ackerman, Dr. Beacher, Dr. Adams, and Dr. Andrews. She saves this set of calls as a call cycle. She applies the call cycle for these HCPs to create all her upcoming calls at once.
Configuring Call Cycles
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
- Grant users CRUD permission on the Call_Cycle_Entry_vod object.
- Grant users FLS Edit permission to the Call_Datetime_vod field on the Call2_vod object. This is required because Copy to Call Cycle supports all-day calls only when the Call_Datetime_vod field is populated.
- Activate the Call_Cycle_Entry_vod__c VMOC for offline devices.
- Select the ENABLE_COPY_TO_CALL_CYCLE_BUTTON_vod Veeva Setting check box.
Creating Call Cycles
Users can create call cycles in two ways: manually, or by copying weekly activities to a call cycle week. To create call cycles manually:
- Select the Call Cycle tab in My Schedule to open the Call Cycle View, which looks similar to the week view.
- Use time slot call creation or drag and drop from the call scheduler to place calls on the chosen call cycle week.
- Select Done to save the call cycle.
Call cycles are stored in the Call_Cycle_Entry_vod object, and each row corresponds to a single call with a start time and a week index indicating which call cycle week the call falls into. Users can have up to a maximum of 12 call cycle weeks saved at a time, per user.
Scheduling Calls with Call Cycles
To schedule calls by applying an existing call cycle, select the + button to search for a day name, cycle label, or week index in the account search window on the calendar. Alternatively, select a time slot or date on the week or month views to display the available call cycles for that date.
From the Windows Tablet platform, users can apply call cycles a week or a day at a time. Selecting a week applies all the calls from each day in that week. Selecting a single call cycle day only applies the calls for that day.
On the iPad platform, call cycles can only be applied weekly.
Platform Specific Details
To copy weekly calls to a cycle on the iPad, select the Copy Call Cycle button, then select the appropriate call cycle week.
To better identify cycles when selecting them from the call cycle list, users can add a label to each day within a call cycle week. To add a label on iPad, select the pencil icon from the header in Call Cycle View.
To delete multiple calls at once in Call Cycle View on the iPad, use the Select button.
Select the appropriate entries, then select Delete. To exit Delete mode and return to the Call Cycle View, select Cancel.
On Windows Tablet, the call cycles button displays in the bottom navigation bar. To apply call cycles, select a time slot to enter the New Call dialog, then toggle from Accounts to Call Cycle Entries. Call cycles can be applied both weekly and daily.
To copy weekly calls to a cycle in Windows Tablet, select the Copy button in the week view, then select the appropriate call cycle week.