Security in Engage
Veeva Engage has many features and customizations available to ensure meetings are secure.
Engage uses the AES 256-bit GCM encryption standard, offering increased protection of meeting data in transit and resistance against tampering.
Hosts are able to add security with the following functionality:
Scheduling Password Protected Meetings - Admins can require a password for an Engage meeting to increase the security of the meeting. See Enabling Passwords for Engage to configure this feature.
Locking Meeting – After all attendees join an Engage meeting, the Lock Meeting toggle blocks any new attendees from joining.
- iPad – In the More section of the Meeting Controls menu, enable the Lock Meeting toggle
- Online – Select Lock Meeting from one of the following areas:
- Select the Participants menu, then select Lock Meeting in the More section
- Select the Security button, then select Lock Meeting
Waiting Room – The waiting room enables hosts to keep attendees from joining the meeting until the host allows them in.
- Online – Select the Security button, then select Enable Waiting Room
Removing Attendees – To ensure only invited attendees are in an Engage meeting, hosts can remove attendees from their meetings.
- iPad – In the Attendees section of the Meeting Controls menu, select the attendee from the list and select Remove
- Online – Available in the following areas:
- Select the Participants button, select More next to the appropriate attendee, and select Remove
- Select the Security button, select Remove Participant, and select the appropriate participant
Once removed, an attendee cannot rejoin the meeting.
Sharing the Screen – When presenting Engage meetings, the host’s screen is only shared while displaying CLM content.
- iPad – On by default. See Hosting an Engage Meeting on the iPad for more information.
- Online – In Group Meeting Permissions, ensure the Start Meeting from CRM Online – Disable Desktop Sharing setting is enabled for the appropriate Meeting Group. See Hosting an Engage Meeting on the Veeva CRM App on Desktop for more information.
Participant Permissions – Online hosts can control whether participants can perform the following actions by selecting or deselecting the appropriate values from the Security button:
- Share Screen
- Rename Themselves
Recording an Engage Meeting – Engage meeting does not allow meetings to be recorded
The following ensures Engage meeting attendee security:
Attendee Video – When joining an Engage meeting, the attendee’s live video feed is always disabled by default.
Meeting Not Started Room – If attendees join an Engage meeting before the host starts the meeting, the Meeting Not Started screen displays.
Engage Security Best Practices
To facilitate a secure Engage meeting, hosts should do the following:
- Confirm only the invited attendees are in the meeting.
- Remove any attendee who was not invited.
- Lock the meeting once all attendees join.
- Lock the meeting before displaying CLM content.