Call Address Dependency
- Browser (Classic)
- CRM Desktop (Mac (Sandbox Beta),Windows)
- Windows Tablet
Call address dependency creates a dependent relationship between the business account selected in the zvod_Business_Account_vod (Location) field and the addresses available on a call to a person account. When a user selects a business account as the call location on the call report, the call address picklist is automatically filtered to only include addresses controlled by that business account. When the call is saved or submitted, the value in the location field is stamped on the call report. This functionality increases accuracy in call reporting, and may be required for compliance with local or organization regulations.
For example, Sarah Jones creates a call for Dr. Ackerman. By default, the call location is set as Newton Memorial Hospital, and the call address is set as Dr. Ackerman's preferred address--175 High Street, Newton, NJ.
Ensure that Selecting the Call Location is enabled.
Configuring Call Address Dependency
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable this feature, select the check box for the ENABLE_MYSCHEDULE_CALL_LOCATION Veeva setting.
Defaulting Behavior for Call Address Dependency
When a call is created, the default value of the location field is set to the account referenced in the Preferred_Account_vod (My Preferred Location) field on the user’s Territory Field (TSF) record. The address field defaults to the address referenced in the Address_vod (My Preferred Address) field on the TSF record for the person account, if that address is controlled by the selected business account.
The call address picklist is filtered to only include addresses that are controlled by the business account selected as the call location on the call report, so if the person account's preferred address is not controlled by the business account, the defaulting behavior is as follows:
- If the address referenced in the My Preferred Address field is not controlled by an address associated with the business account, the address field defaults to the primary address of the person account
- If neither the address referenced in the My Preferred Address field nor the primary address of the account are controlled by an address associated with the business account, the address field defaults to any address of the business account
- If call address dependency is enabled, the call location is read-only once a signature is captured. If the signature is cleared, the field becomes editable again.
- In order for an address to display in the call address picklist, it must be controlled by an address of the business account. Controlled address relationships are set through the Parent Account Wizard during account creation or through Network Address Inheritance Support.