Using the Account Details Screen
The Account Detail screen is a source for all account information, for example, location, specialty, orders, and affiliations. Selecting an account name on the My Accounts screen displays the Account Detail screen.
In classic view, the left side of the Account Detail screen contains related lists, for example, Addresses or Medical Inquiries. The right side displays the sections, fields, and layout defined by the account page layout. Actions and operation buttons are available in the tabs.
For details on the account timeline, see Timeline View.
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
Users can conduct the following actions from the Account Detail screen’s More Actions option:
- Edit - opens the account edit window allowing the user to modify the account
- Record a Call - creates a call and opens the call report page. This action is available if the user is permitted to create calls for the account.
- Start Media - opens the media player. This action is available if the user is permitted to create calls for the account.
- New Order – creates an order for the account
- New Inventory Monitoring – creates a new inventory monitoring record for the account
- Ratings – opens the Advanced Product Metrics screen. This option displays only when detail groups and detail topics are in use.
- Email Opt In – Allows accounts to opt-in for Approved Email
- Send Email – Allows users to send Approfed Emails to the account
- Go Online – Users can view accounts in Veeva CRM Online by selecting Go Online from the More Actions button, allowing them to view data not yet synced to the device. This opens the embedded web browser with the account displayed. CRM mobile apps automatically log the user into salesforce.com. An internet connection is necessary to view the account online.
Users can conduct the following actions from the Sunrise Bar:
- Account Summary - opens the embedded web browser with the online Account Summary Report in focus. CRM for iPad automatically logs the user into salesforce.com. An internet connection is necessary to view the Account Summary.
- View Hierarchy – opens the account hierarchy window illustrating the parent and child relationships of the current account
- Calendar – opens the Multichannel Calendar window showing all calls, medical events, calendar events, and medical inquiries for the current account. Users can navigate from the calendar to the detail screen for an account, medical event, SFDC event, or Time Off Territory record.
- Sphere of Influence – opens the Sphere of Influence window, displaying affiliated accounts in an intuitive graphical format
In Classic view, related lists display on the left side of the screen. The number of records in each related list displays beside the list name. All related lists that display on the page layout are represented, even if they have no rows. Custom objects linked to the Account object can be exposed as a related list.
Selecting a related list displays the records in the list on the right side of the page. Users can select a row to display the record details showing the sections, fields, and layout as configured in the page layout of the object and can sort list contents using the column headers. Select the header once to sort data in ascending order and again to sort data in descending order.
Displaying Territories on Accounts
- Browser (Classic)
The View User Territory Custom Link can be added to Account page layouts. This references the User_Territory_vod VisualForce page. The VisualForce page generates the display of users, territories, and territory descriptions assigned to a given account.