This topic provides information about the Veeva CRM 21R2.0 major release, including important dates, webinar information, and release announcements.
All dates listed are subject to change.
Dates to Remember
- July 15, 2021 – Release Notes available
- July 29, 2021 – Sandbox release
- August 12, 2021 – Production release
The US Webinar was held on July 29, 2021 at 11 a.m. (PT). View the recording here.
The following items are now available:
Upcoming Updates to Engage Meeting Attendance Tracking
With the 21R2.0 release, Engage Attendance Tracking will add attendance data to CRM as it becomes available from Zoom, without needing to submit the call report first.
Due to this update, the following additional changes apply:
- The Call_vod lookup field no longer populates on Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod records. Instead, the Account_vod field populates if the attendee is an account and joined the meeting via Engage.
- Two days after the related call is submitted, the processing status is set to Complete
- Meetings where only the host joined now have a Meeting_Outcome_Status_vod field of Meeting Without Attendees. Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod records for hosts of these meetings are now created with the following fields left blank:
TLS Minimum Requirements
In order to align with industry best practices for security and data integrity, Veeva is enforcing TLS 1.2 or later for all connections. TLS 1.0 and 1.1 have not been supported in Salesforce or Veeva CRM since September 2019, however, some older versions of Veeva CRM may be using TLS 1.0.
As of 21R2.0 the following unsupported software versions will no longer be able to communicate with Veeva Servers:
- Veeva CRM Tablet Edition
- Veeva CRM on Windows 8
- Veeva CRM on Windows 10 builds prior to 16299 (Fall Creators Update, version 1709)
- Any Veeva CRM versions prior to the 19R3 release
Salesforce My Domain Now Required
Salesforce has announced that My Domain will be required in all Salesforce orgs as part of their Winter ’22 release. Salesforce Winter ‘22 will be released starting August 2021 for sandboxes and October 2021 for production orgs. See this Trust post for more information.
Salesforce’s Multi-factor Authentication Requirement for February 2022
Last year, Salesforce announced that beginning February 1, 2022, they will require customers to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to access their orgs. Salesforce is now extending the MFA requirement deadline for Veeva customers until 2023. Further details with dates will be announced as they are released from Salesforce. For more information on implementing MFA, see Requiring Multi-Factor Authentication for Salesforce.
Deprecating Platform Support
The following platforms will no longer be supported after the 23R3.0 Release:
- Classic Online – All orgs must transition to Lightning by this time
- CRM for Windows Tablet
2021 Release Dates
2022 release dates can be found on the About CRM Releases page for your reference.
End of Support
See End of Support for a list of deprecated features, devices, and OS versions.