This topic provides information about the Veeva CRM 21R1.3 general release, including important dates, webinar information, and release announcements.
All dates listed are subject to change.
Dates to Remember
- June 17, 2021 – Release Notes available
- June 24, 2021 – Sandbox release
- July 1, 2021 – Production release
The US Webinar was held on June 24, 2021 at 11 a.m. PT. View the recording here.
The following items will be available on June 17, 2021:
Upcoming Updates to Engage Meeting Attendance Tracking
With the 21R2.0 release, Engage Meeting Attendance Tracking will add attendance data to CRM as it becomes available from Zoom, without needing to submit the call report first.
Due to this update, the following additional changes apply:
- The Call_vod lookup field no longer populates on Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod records. Instead, the Account_vod field populates if the attendee is an account and joined the meeting via Engage.
- Two days after the related call is submitted, the processing status is set to Complete
- Meetings where only the host joined now have a Meeting_Outcome_Status_vod field of Meeting Without Attendees. Remote_Meeting_Attendee_vod records for hosts of these meetings are now created with the following fields left blank:
Salesforce’s Multi-factor Authentication Requirement for February 2022
Salesforce announced that beginning on February 1, 2022, they require customers to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to access Salesforce. MFA is available at no extra cost and continues with a commitment to provide the highest level of security for your products. See full announcement here.
Veeva CRM was reviewed and tested with Salesforce MFA enabled. Veeva CRM on Online, iOS, Windows, and WeChat platforms all support MFA without configuration changes.
Users who log in with delegated Auth using Ping Identity need to use Salesforce Authenticator. Veeva is still researching if 3rd party authenticator applications (e.g. Google Authenticator) work with MFA.
When configuring MFA, do not select the Multi-Factor Authentication for API Logins check box. Selecting this check box prevents usage of Veeva CRM and potentially impacts custom integrations with Salesforce.
2021 Release Dates
2021 release dates can be found on the About CRM Releases page for your reference.
End of Support
See End of Support for a list of deprecated features, devices, and OS versions.