Displaying CLM Content on Mobile Devices
- Windows Tablet
Users can display and navigate CLM content using the built-in media player in the Veeva CRM app. This allows users to quickly display content during meetings and navigate between their presentations and call reports.
For example, Sarah Jones wants to display a Cholecap presentation to Dr. Clinton Ackerman during a meeting. She selects the Media button from her call report to navigate to her media library and selects the appropriate presentation. It displays immediately in the CLM media viewer, where Sarah can easily highlight information, capture Dr. Ackerman’s reactions, and return to the call report.
Veeva CLM navigation controls, including the built-in menu and buttons, are contained within the purple areas as follows:
Ensure initial configuration is complete to use this functionality.
Users can display content from the following entry points:
- Call report
- Media library (including Training presentations)
After selecting a presentation thumbnail, the first slide in the presentation displays in the media player.
To allow users to select which slide to present when displaying a presentation:
- Navigate to Custom Settings > Veeva Settings.
- Select Manage.
- Select Edit.
- Deselect the CLM_ENABLE_AUTO_LAUNCH_vod Veeva Setting check box.
- Select Save.
Displaying CLM Content on iPad
CLM displays HTML content using WKWebView. If using an Apple dongle for additional screens, WKWebview support must be enabled for key messages.
While CLM supports most media playable on the iPad, the following guidelines help obtain the highest quality media. In general, all media must be playable in Safari on the iPad, as described in the TV and Video section of Apple’s iPad Specs. In CLM, the media displays according to the following guidelines:
- Full-screen in the device's default resolution or the selected display resolution option. See Displaying HTML Content on Large Screen Devices for more information.
- In both landscape and portrait modes
Users swipe left and right to advance to the next piece of media.
Veeva also provides a dynamic navigation bar at the bottom of the media player. The navigation bar displays when users select the icon in the bottom left corner of the slide. See Navigating Slides and Presentations for more information.
Displaying CLM Content on Windows
CLM content is rendered with the Windows WebView class, which uses the Microsoft Edge rendering engine. Media displays according to the following guidelines:
- The command bar and navigation bar are displayed by swiping up or down from the top or bottom of the device
- The resolutions of the supported devices are:
- Surface display: 10.6 inch 1920 x 1080
- Helix display: 11.6 inch 1920 x 1080