Using Detail Groups in Vault
Detail Groups allow end users to organize assigned products by pre-defined groupings, making it easier to select the appropriate product to talk about.
When using Detail Groups in a CRM org, they must also be enabled in Vault:
- Populate the Detail Group values in Vault (Admin->Promomats Setup->Picklists->DetailGroup).
- Click Edit to add new Detail Groups. Do not delete the Common entry. This is required to map to the default Common group delivered in Veeva CRM.
To enable Detail Groups, add the picklist to the Email Template, Email Fragment, and Template Fragment document types.
- Navigate to the Document Properties. (Admin->Content Setup).
- Select each of the above document types.
- Select Add, Existing Shared Property, Detail Group. You should only be able to select one value
- Navigate to Property Layout (Admin->Content Setup->Property Layout) to order the Product Properties.
- Select Product Information from the list
- Click Edit and order so Detail Group is first, Product is second.
Enabling Property Dependencies in Vault
Content admins in Vault can setup dependent picklists where specific products are grouped beneath specific Detail Groups to represent the CRM Detail Group + Product relationships. This helps guarantee valid Detail Group + Product attributes are selected.
To setup Property Dependencies:
- Navigate to Property Dependencies.
- Click Add a New Property Dependency.
- Select Controlled by Document Property.
- Select the Type.
- Repeat for Email Template, Email Fragment, Template Fragment.
- Select Detail Group from the Property picklist.
- Click OK.
- Select the desired Detail Group from the picklist in the Condition section if property equals Detail Group.
- Select Picklist from the first picklist under the Dependency Rules section.
- Select Product from the next picklist.
- Choose the list of products to associate with the selected Detail Group.
Defining the Product Detail Group Content
When loading new Approved Email content into Vault, there is a mandatory Product attribute that must be set for the document. Content admins can also define the Detail Group can also be set for the Vault document.
These Product and Detail Group attributes are used by the Approved Email solution to accurately align Vault content to CRM end users. The Product value corresponds to the Detail Product in Veeva CRM and the Detail Group corresponds to the Detail Group in Veeva CRM. If an end user is aligned to a specific Product and/or Detail Group (brand in some cases), then by default, the end user will gain access to the approved Vault content aligned to that product.
There can only be one Product and one Detail Group assigned to a single document. (Vault allows more than one Product to be assigned to a document, but this is not supported by Approved Email) CRM uses an external ID matching scheme to accurately assign the Product/Detail Group references in Veeva CRM, and the external IDs must be setup in advance in Vault and in CRM.
Understanding the Language Property
The language property in Vault indicates the language in which the Vault document is written. This language value will be passed to Veeva CRM via the integration service and will be used in language filtering by the end users of the Approved Email solution. In addition to displaying the language of the document in Veeva CRM, if loaded, the preferred language will also be displayed for each recipient during the send email process. In this case end users will be able to compare the preferred languages of on recipient to another and ultimately to the language of the document. This helps the end user understand if the best version of the content from a language perspective is being sent to the selected recipients.