Configuring Approved Email Admins and Integration Users
Initial configuration includes the setup of all default functionality for Approved Email. Some functionality requires additional configuration.
Configuring Admins, Content Admins, and Integration Users
To configure Approved Email for admins, content admins and integration users:
Grant the following permissions:
Object OLS Record Types Fields FLS Accounts R n/a
Read Approved_Document_vod CRUD
This is the Field Name, not the Field Label.
Edit Contact R n/a
Edit TSF_vod R n/a
Read User R n/a
Grant access to the following Visualforce pages:
- Create a custom tab for the Approved_Document_vod object.
Grant the administrator and the integration user access to the following tabs:
- The custom tab created for the Approved_Document_vod object
- Add the Send_Email_vod button to the appropriate Account page layouts. This step is only required if you want to enable sending emails on the Online platform.
- Add the Email_Opt_In_vod button to the appropriate Account page layouts. This step is only required if you want to enable capturing opt-in on the Online platform.
Designating Content Admins
An additional process is required to designate users as content admins:
- Add the Approved_Email_Admin_vod field to the appropriate User page layouts.
- Navigate to the appropriate user.
- Select the Approved Email Admin check box.
Permissions can be applied to a User via profile permissions or permissions sets. Permission sets are available in Approved Email product, making it easier to get started with Approved Email. Two permission sets are included, one for the Administrator or integration user, and one for the field user:
- AE_ADMIN_INTEGRATION_USER_VOD – For admins and integration users
- AE_FIELD_USER_VOD – For end users
Major versions of Veeva CRM may update these permission sets to include permissions to the newest features. New feature deployment involves change management and training. For that reason, Veeva recommends cloning the Veeva-delivered permission sets and enabling the features that you want to use.
Ensure the VeevaUserPermissions Apex Class is installed before continuing with permission sets. See Security in Veeva CRM for more information.