The Salesforce platform provides a rich set of context-sensitive help topics for each area of the application, such as Accounts. The context-sensitive help is accessed when a user clicks on the “Help for this Page” link in the upper right corner of the page. These help topics provide detailed information as it relates to the area of the Veeva CRM application that the user is accessing as well as links to other related help topics.
Since each organization has the ability to modify and expand the Veeva CRM application, the organization may choose to create a tailored help file to be displayed when a user clicks on the “Help for this Page” link. This help file can be as specific or general as desired, such as providing detailed business process steps or specifying a support phone number to contact in case of an issue.
- Create a help file in PDF format with the appropriate level of information as defined by the organization’s requirements.
- Copy the PDF file to the Salesforce Document Library or copy the PDF file to a web server that is publicly available and external to any firewalls.
- Log into the Veeva CRM application as a user with administrative privileges.
- Select Customize from the Setup link.
- Select Tab Names and Labels.
- Select Help Settings.
- Type in the URL of the PDF file from step 2 above into the Re-direct Help URL field.
- Click Save.