Configuring JD-NET Fixed Reports
Fixed Reports supports sales data from Japan Drug Network (JD-NET). Two reports are offered, providing both detailed daily as well as summary daily, weekly, and monthly views.
Configuring Fixed Reports for JD-NET Users
To configure Fixed Reports for JD-NET end users:
- Grant end user profiles FLS read permission to the Account_Class_vod and Hospital_Type_vod on the Account object.
- Add the Account_Class_vod and Hospital_Type_vod fields to the relevant Account object page layouts for the Pharmacy and Hospital record types.
- Activate all picklist values for the Hospital_Type_vod field for the Hospital record type on the Account object.
- Ensure Veeva Messages are set up for the column headings.
- Add the Incremental_vod field to the Data_Map_Template_vod object page layout.
- Set up a Fixed Reports admin user. See Configuring a Fixed Reports Admin for more information.
- Grant end user profiles OLS Read access to the Sales_Incremental_Transaction_vod object. The Sales_Incremental_Transaction_vod object does not hold the sales data itself, but is used to define the columns and types of fields stored within the Fixed Reports database.
- Grant end user profiles Create access to the appropriate record types on the Analytics_Layouts_vod object. Reports display in the Analytics tab. Each record type corresponds to a different report.
JDNet Detail Report Page
JDNet Detail Summary Report Page
- Ensure the page layout for each record type contains the appropriate S-controls for the user profile. Each user profile can have a separate page layout for each of the Fixed Reports record types. This provides maximum flexibility when configuring Fixed Reports. Admins can can add, remove, or move the S-controls on a page layout. Each S-control represents an individual chart to display on a report.
S-Control for JD-NET Detail report. To be displayed on Analytics_Layouts_vod object page layouts.
JD-Net Detail Summary
S-Control for JD-NET Detail Summary report. To be displayed on Analytics_Layouts_vod object page layouts.
- Ensure the page layout assignment correctly maps page layouts to record types.
- Load the JD-NET sales data files for the reports. Loading JD-NET Sales Data into Fixed Reports requires a slightly different process due to the high volume nature of the data. Like other sales data loads into Fixed Reports, this process is streamlined into an easy-to-use and intuitive process.
Configuring Report Columns
Admins can customize the fields displayed in the JD-NET Detail and Detail Summary reports using the following Veeva Settings and their corresponding Veeva Messages:
- JDNET_DETAIL_COLS - defines the fields displayed on the JDNET Detail report
- JDNET_DETAIL_SUMMARY_COLS defines the fields displayed on the JDNET Detail Summary Report
Report columns are delivered with a default set of fields. To customize the report fields, set the Veeva Message text to a comma-delimited list of API field names corresponding to the fields available to the reports. If the message is blank, the report displays the default fields. If the message has a value, the report displays the fields defined in the Veeva message in the order in which they are listed, from left to right.
If a field exists in the message that does not match a field available to the JD-NET reports, the report ignores the field. Most of these fields are found on the Sales_Incremental_Transaction_vod object, but some are fields on other objects, for example Account, which are related to fields on the Sales_Incremental_Transaction_vod object.
The following tables list fields available to the reports. While fields can be placed on either report, not all fields will make sense on the Detail Summary report.