Creating Survey Questions
Questions can be created directly on a survey to tailor them to individual surveys or quickly selected from the Question Bank. Questions can have several features, for example, branching or weighted answers.
- Creating Questions for Individual Surveys
- Using the Question Bank
- Creating Branching Survey Questions
- Weighted Answers for Survey Questions
Available question types include the following:
- Picklist – up to 20 answer choices with a maximum of 200 characters. This answer type cannot contain semicolons.
- Radio – up to 20 answer choices with a maximum of 200 characters. This answer type cannot contain semicolons.
- Multi-select – up to 10 answer choices with a maximum of 200 characters. This answer type cannot contain semicolons.
- Description – an open text field used for instructions and notifications. No response is required.
- Text – maximum of 255 characters
- Long text – maximum of 2500 characters
If users can add questions to a survey, grant access to all record types on the Survey_Question_vod object.
Questions can contain several types of answers, including answers weighted to derive segmentation based on responses.
After you create and save a question, you can add it to the Question Bank for use in other surveys. When a survey admin edits a question, the answer choice fields dynamically resize to fit the text.
Questions created in the survey inherit the language of that survey regardless of the language the user’s org is set to.
Questions can be marked as required, meaning they must be answered before the user can submit responses for an account.
Questions and answer choices can be re-ordered on a survey by dragging and dropping individual values into the desired location.
Edits made to survey questions are available immediately, as these are retrieved in real time from the Survey_Question_vod object for Survey Targets answered online. Survey Target records with a status of Saved_vod, Submitted_vod, or Late_Submission_vod are not affected by edits to survey questions.