Displaying Product Priority from Cycle Plans
- Browser (Classic)
- Windows Tablet
Existing Cycle Plan detailing priority can be used to display product priority in the call report detailing section. Up to five ordered products can be loaded as part of a Call Cycle entry. When a user creates a call from that Call Cycle Entry, those products, in order, are copied into the call report. Products that are set as priority products on the Cycle Plan detail record are highlighted in the product detailing section of the call report. This guides users to detail the most relevant products in their calls to HCPs.
For example, Sarah Jones creates a call for Dr. Ackerman from a Call Cycle entry. The products specified for Dr. Ackerman’s account in the Cycle Plan, Cholecap and Restolar, display as the first options in the product detailing priority section on the call report. Sarah prioritizes detailing Cholecap and Restolar to Dr. Ackerman.
- Cycle Plans are enabled
- The current and active cycle plan has detail records for the products that display in My Setup for the user
Configuring Cycle Plan Detailing Priority
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To configure the Cycle Plan page layout to display detailing priority:
Ensure users and admins have read access to the following fields on the Cycle_Plan_Detail_vod object:
Select the appropriate page layout on the Call2_vod object.
Edit the zvod_Detailing_vod field section header to include the --htp section signal. For example, Product Details --htp.
- Select Save.
- Navigate to the Cycle Plan Detail page layout on the Cycle Plan Detail object.
- Create a new section titled Cycle_Plan_Detail_vod.
- Drag and drop the following fields in the new section (and any other metric type fields):
When viewing Cycle Plans, each product displays a Priority column and any other metric type fields added to the Cycle_Plan_Detail_vod.
- Click Save.
- Clear the Veeva cache.
Configuring Cycle Plan Product Priority on the Call Report
To display cycle plan product priority on the call report:
- Depending on the number of products users are expected to detail on the call, grant users FLS read permission to one or more of the Product Priority fields (Product_Priority_1_vod, Product_Priority_2_vod, Product_Priority_3_vod, Product_Priority_4_vod, and Product_Priority_5_vod) on the Call_Cycle_Entry_vod and Call2_vod objects.
Enable the same number of Product Priority fields on both objects.
- Place the desired number of Product Priority field(s) on the appropriate Call2_vod page layouts.
Viewing Product Priority from Cycle Plans
Users view product priority via the detail screen on My Schedule by right-clicking on a call or Call Cycle Entry. On the call report, the product details display in the order in which the user selects them. The user may also reorder the details using arrow buttons (Browser (Classic)) or drag and drop (offline platforms).
If a user sets priorities on Cycle Plan detail records, only the products with priority are highlighted. If the user does not set priorities, any products with a corresponding Cycle Plan detail record and where Planned_Details_vod is greater than zero are highlighted. Priorities specified for a Cycle Plan target do not need to be in sequential order.
- If the user’s company is integrated with Exploria SPS, the order of presentations displayed is determined initially by the product detailing order
- If an end user re-orders presentations in Exploria SPS, that change is also reflected in the suggested detailing priority for that call