Customers can to create a Custom Object and have Account Tactics associated to the Custom Object. The Apply Product Plan functionality, as described here, has been extended to support the application of Product Plans to custom objects. An S-Control (Copy_Product_Plan_Override_Template_vod) has been added to customer orgs as a template for providing this functionality from a Customer created button on an Object within Salesforce.com. The configured Apply Product Plan function populates the Account Tactics with Product Tactics and associates them to the newly configured Custom Object. Overall, this enables customers to create their own Account Planning and Execution modules.
Veeva CRM Lightning Ready does not support S-controls. Admins for Lightning Ready orgs should instead configure the CopyProductPlanOverrideTemplateLgtnVod Visualforce page.
Configuring the Apply Product Plan Function
To configure the Apply Product Plan:
- Create a Custom Object.
- Create a Lookup on Account Tactic to the Custom Object.
- Copy the Copy_Product_Plan_Override_Template_vod S-Control.
- Populate the defined variables as necessary in the S-Control from Step 3.
- Create a button on the Custom Object and associate to the S-Control from Step 3.
- Add the button to the appropriate page layouts.
The parameters within the S-Control are as follows:
- AccountId - required for all types of usage. This value must contain the SFDC Id of an Account and can be programmatically queried or set through a merge parameter.
- ACCTLKUPID- represents the SFDC Id for the record of the object where this S-Control will be launched from. This SFDC Id will be saved into the Lookup field that the Customer has added to the Account_Tactic_vod object.
- ACCTACTLKUPTBL- represents the textual name of the record of the object where this S-Control will be launched from. This textual name will be displayed on the Apply Product Plan page.
- ACCTACTLKUP- represents the textual API Field Name of the record Lookup field added to the Account_Tactic_vod object to the object where this S-Control will be called from. This API Field Name is used when inserting the Account Tactic records. The SFDC Id field from will be displayed on the Apply Product Plan page.
- PNAME or PID- allow for the displayed/available Product Plans to be filtered by a specific Product. The PName of the product is an exact match. If both the Product ID and Product Name are not provided then all Product Plans will be displayed. The PID variable is the SFDC ID of the Product Catalog record.