- Browser (Classic)
- Windows Tablet
Detail Groups work similarly to Product Groups for Order Management and Samples, but for Detail-level products. Typical use cases are indication groups, molecules, or species in animal health. Products and Topics can be assigned to multiple groups; one group can be assigned multiple products and topics. Detail Group is a product type in the Product_vod object. The Detail products that make up a Detail Group are defined and linked within the Product_Group_vod object.
Detail Topics represent something other than the product itself, for example, HIV initiatives in South America or Imminent New Indication Approval. They affect product metrics by segregating topics from real products so the metrics reflect just the products. Detail Topic is another product type in the Product Catalog. A Detail Topic behaves similarly to a Detail Product. Once created, it needs to be assigned to the user through My Setup.
Product Metrics include Detail Topics in a separate section on the Call Report, enabling the capture of different metrics for Topics than for Products. Detail Topics can be used in Call Details, Call Discussions, Key Messages, Product Plans, and Account Plans and Tactics.
When the Enable_Account_Metric_Detail_Filter_vod Veeva Setting is enabled, Product Metrics per Detail Group defined on the Account act as an additional filter for the list of products displayed by default in the Product Detail section.
Detail items for Groups not captured in Product Metrics for the Account are still available through Search.
Defining Detail Groups and Detail Topics
To define a Detail Group:
- Create a product in the Product Catalog and select the Product Type Detail Group.
- Select Save.
If creating a Detail Topic as well:
- Create a new product in the Product Catalog to define a Detail Topic and select the Product Type Detail Topic.
- Select Save.
To assign products and topics to a Detail Group:
- Select a Detail Group from the Product Catalog.
- In the Product Group (Product Catalog) section, select New Product Group.
- Enter a name for the Product Group. This should be a descriptive title for your Detail Group.
- Use the lookup to select the Product Group from the Product Catalog. This must be of type Detail Group.
- Use the lookup in the Product field and select a product of type Detail Topic or Detail,
- Select Save.
You must have a VMOC entry for the Product Group object, and in the Device_vod field select the iPad_vod type to sync to CRM for iPad or the WinModern_vod value to sync to Veeva CRM on Windows. This configuration ensures you see the proper Detail Groups and Detail Topics in the Detailing Priority section of the Call Report on mobile devices.
Using Detail Groups and Detail Topics
On the My Setup page, two sections display Detail Groups and Detail Topics. Favorites display by star icons, which are highlighted yellow when activated. Below the Detail Topic names, the associated Detail Groups display in italics. In the Products sections, the associated Detail Groups are also displayed in italics.
Detail Groups, Detail Topics, and Products display on the Call Report and on the Ratings and Evaluations section of the Account, depending on their status in MySetup.
When a Detail Group’s check box is selected, the associated Detail Topics and Products display on the MySetup page and can be edited. If the Detail Group’s check box is not selected, the associated Topics and Products are hidden (if a Topic or Product is associated with more than one Detail Group, then it remains visible until all the Detail Groups it is associated with are unchecked).
Detail Topics can have three states:
- Deselected — the Topic is not visible in the Call Report or the Ratings and Evaluations
- Selected — the Topic does not display by default in the Detailing Priority section of the Call Report but can be added using the Add other function and searching. The Topic displays on the Ratings and Evaluations section of the Account.
- Selected and Favorite active — the Topic displays by default in the Call Report and in the Ratings and Evaluations
Products can also have three states:
- Deselected the Product cannot be chosen anywhere by the Rep (normal behavior)
- Selected —the Product does not display by default in the Detailing Priority section of the Call Report, but can be added using the Add other function and searching for it. The Product displays on the Ratings and Evaluations section of the Account.
- Selected and Favorite active — the Product displays by default in the Call Report and in the Ratings and Evaluations control
If a Product is not associated with a Detail Group, it is assigned to a common group displaying on the Call Report and on the Ratings and Evaluations control. The states mentioned previously also apply to the common group.
Products can be grouped via the Detail Group product type. Typical use cases for such groups are indications, molecules, or species (for Animal Health customers). Detail Topics are also available, which represent discussion topics and function similar to Product Details. Products and Topics can be assigned to multiple groups; one group can be assigned multiple products and topics.
Users are aligned to products via the My Setup Products module. Users can be aligned to Details, Detail Groups and/or Detail Topics - this alignment gives them access to all the "child products" associated to the detail products or groups they are aligned to. This user-product alignment is then referenced and enforced throughout the application, including Call Report, Call Discussions, Key Messages, Product Ratings, Order Management, Inventory Monitoring and more.
You can disable specific products from being detailed by using the No Details check box on those products Detail level record. Also, you can disable metrics displaying for specific products using the No Metrics check box on the Product Catalog for those records. Similarly, you can disable specific products from displaying in the Cycle Plans page by selecting the No Cycle Plans field for those product’s records.
You can also disable a product type from displaying on the Samples and Promotional Items section on the Call Report by updating the No Promo Items formula field. If the result of the formula is TRUE, the product will not display on the Samples and Promotional Items section.
To define the default behavior of Product details and discussions for users assigned to only one product, see the Product Detail and Discussion Behavior section of the Product Detailing topic.
Veeva does not update this formula field on upgrades of existing orgs. You may need to perform this update if using new product types.