CRM Desktop (Windows)
The Veeva CRM Desktop app is a dedicated and independent app enabling users to access their media libraries whenever they need. Users can launch CLM content from the app and share the content with HCPs during calls and Engage Meetings.
With the 22R1 release, the Veeva CRM Desktop app for Windows is now a dedicated and independent app enabling users to access their media libraries whenever they need.
To support these changes the following materials are available:
Device and Software Requirements
The Veeva CRM Desktop app for Windows runs on Windows 11 and Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update, version 1709) or later with a 64-bit OS.
The Veeva CRM Desktop app for Windows requires a keyboard and mouse.
The following are the minimum specifications to ensure the best experience when using the Veeva CRM Desktop app for Windows:
- Processor – Any modern x86-based 64-bit processor with a minimum of 4 cores
- Memory – 16 GB RAM is recommended. Minimum 8 GB RAM.
- Hard disk space – 256 GB SSD is recommended. Minimum 256 GB.
- Screen resolution – Minimum 1920 x 1080
- Graphics – At minimum, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 is required. When using integrated graphics hardware, graphics are driven by the central processor since the graphics unit is built on the same package as the core processor.
Users must have administrative access to their device or have both .Net 4.6.2 and WebView2 installed in order to receive updates to the application.
Technical Requirements for Lightning
For the fastest and most stable experience of Veeva CRM in Lightning, users must ensure their devices meet the following requirements:
- An Octane 2.0 score of 30,000 or greater. Minimum 20,000 or greater.
- Network latency of 150 ms or less. Maximum 200 ms or less.
- Download speed of 3 Mbps or greater. Minimum 1 Mbps or greater.
- At least 8 GB of RAM, with 3 GB available for Salesforce browser tabs. Minimum 5 GB RAM, with 2 GB available for Salesforce browser tabs.
See Technical Requirements for Lightning Experience for more information.
Installing the Veeva CRM Desktop App for Windows
Users can download the app by launching the media library from the View Media Library tab or from a call report. The installer downloads automatically.
Signing In to Veeva CRM Desktop
Users can launch the Veeva CRM Desktop app from the desktop icon and sign in with their Veeva CRM credentials. After signing in, the app remains running in the background and accessible from the app icon in the system tray even after ending a call or closing the window, and even if the user did not launch the app from a call. When the app window is closed, double-select the icon to reopen the app.
A one-time performance tuning process occurs after upgrading to Veeva CRM Desktop 22R1. The process occurs automatically after signing in to the upgraded app for the first time and can take a few minutes.
Updating the App
The app checks for version updates every time it is launched, a user successfully signs in, and after every full sync. Full syncs occur:
- When a user performs a manual sync
- When content updates are detected online
App updates can be optional or required.
When users are not in a call or an event, an update alert displays when there is an app version update. If the app window is minimized or closed when there is an update, the window automatically reopens and displays in the foreground.
When users are in a call or an event, app update alerts for optional and required app updates do not display until the call or event ends.
If the update is optional, users can:
- Initiate call mode or join a call to hide the alert until the call ends
- Select Update Now to update the app immediately. The app quits and automatically relaunches after the update completes. Users do not need to sign in again. Any unsynced CLM tracking data is saved and syncs after the app relaunches.
- Select Update Later to update the app at a later time. The Update Now button in the media library menu and tray icon menu becomes available. When users are ready to update the app, select Update from either menu.
If the app update is required, select Update Now to update the app immediately. The app quits and automatically relaunches after the update completes. Users do not need to sign in again. Any unsynced CLM tracking data is saved and syncs after the app relaunches.
The CRM Desktop
Creating and Managing Content
Creating CLM Content
- Supporting Multi-Product CLM Presentations
- Testing CLM Content
- Customizing Slide Navigation
- Creating and Updating Records from CLM
- Creating Interactive HTML Content
- Integrating Approved Email with CLM
- Supporting CLM Content
- Packaging Custom CLM Content
- Using Shared Resources
Navigating the CLM Media Library
Analyzing CLM Activity
Desktop users can host Engage Meetings launched from the Browser (Classic) platform using a dedicated desktop client.
See Veeva CRM Desktop for Windows CLM Content Creation Guidelines for information about content requirements for CLM presentations used in Engage Meetings hosted in the Veeva CRM Desktop app for Windows.