Disabling Standard Navigation
To facilitate their own custom navigation over standard navigation and allow the CLM media player to be more compatible with layered content, admins can disable the navigation bar and history buttons and define navigation behavior for individual slides. This prevents users from being locked into one behavior for all content.
Standard navigation is disabled for individual Key Messages, not entire presentations. All other Key Messages continue to function normally.
For example, Verteo BioPharma has a company presentation containing one slide with layered content, rendering the navigation bar and history buttons useless for this presentation. An admin disables the navigation bar and history buttons for this presentation so the controls do not display at all when users display the content.
Disabling Standard Navigation in CLM
To disable standard navigation in key messages :
- Grant the following permissions to the Disable_Actions_vod field on the Key_Message_vod object:
- Admin - FLS Edit
- End user - FLS Read
- Activate all picklist values for the Disable_Actions_vod field on the Key_Message_vod object.
- Add the Disable_Actions_vod field to the Key_Message_vod object page layout.
- Navigate to the appropriate Key_Message_vod record.
- Select Edit.
- Move Navigation_Bar_vod and/or History_Buttons_vod to the Chosen list in the Disable_Actions_vod field.
- Select Save.
Disabling Standard Navigation in Vault
Vault admins can also disable standard navigation on the Multichannel Slide document type in Vault. Ensure the Vault fields are mapped correctly to the respective CRM fields.
- Navigate to the appropriate Multichannel Slide document.
- Select Edit Fields in the Information panel.
- Navigate to the CLM Properties section.
- Select navigation_bar_v and/or history_buttons_v from the crm_disable_actions__v picklist field.
- Select Save.