Using FaceTime with CLM
Users can initiate a FaceTime video call directly from the CLM media player in Veeva CRM to conduct a real-time interaction with a product expert or specialist. During group calls with multiple HCPs, users can initiate a FaceTime call with a specialist and associate that activity with a specific attendee or set of attendees, which allows more accurate reporting on CLM metrics for HCP accounts.
FaceTime calls can only be placed to other iOS or MacOS devices that support FaceTime.
For example, Sarah Jones meets with Dr. Clinton Ackerman and presents CLM content about Cholecap. Dr. Ackerman asks a detailed question about the side effects of Cholecap which Sarah is unable to answer, so she starts a FaceTime call with a Cholecap expert who can answer Dr. Ackerman’s question by selecting the Specialist button from the action menu.
Configuring FaceTime Integration
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To allow users to use FaceTime from CLM:
- Navigate to Custom Settings > Veeva Settings.
- Select Manage.
- Select Edit.
- Select the Enable_Specialist_Lookup Veeva Setting check box.
- Select Save.
Using FaceTime from the Media Player
The Specialist button displays in the action menu in the media player. To initiate a FaceTime call with a specialist:
- Select the Specialist button from the action menu.
- Select a product.
- Select the appropriate specialist from the list of available experts and initiate a FaceTime video call through the user’s email address or phone number.
The following fields on the User object define which specialists display in the list for selection:
- Product_Expertise_vod - multi-select picklist indicating which products the specialist can speak about
- Available_vod - picklist field indicating the specialist’s current availability. Only specialists where Available_vod equals Available_vod display in the list of users. This field can be updated manually by the user or by integration.
- Facetime_Email_vod - stores the email address where the specialist is registered to receive Facetime calls. This typically corresponds to an iPad 2 or Mac desktop or laptop.
- Facetime_Phone_vod - stores the phone number where the specialist can receive Facetime calls. This typically corresponds to an iPhone.