Medical users can gather key data and information for multiple discussion types on the same Interaction Report, including product information, plans, tactics, and event information. Medical Discussions can be used in place of Call Detailing and Call Discussions in order to:
- Provide an easier means of restricting access to information by granting Sales users with access to Call Detailing and Call Discussions, and Medical Users access to Medical Discussions
- Eliminate the concept of Detailing and allowing Product to be an attribute of Medical Discussions
The layout of each Medical Discussion section displays based on the Medical Discussion record type.
Medical Discussions does not support:
- Key Message functionality dependent on product selection
- Restricted or Allowed Products
- My Setup Favorites
- Grant all users CRED permissions to the Medical_Discussion_vod object.
- Remove privileges to the Call_Detail_vod and Call_Discussion_vod objects for the same user profiles. This step is optional.
- Create a Medical Discussion record type for each discussion type that requires a different section layout.
- Ensure the appropriate user profiles have access to the appropriate record types.
- Add the zvod_Medical_Discussion_vod marker field to the appropriate Call2_vod object page layout.
- Activate the appropriate VMOCs for offline devices.
Configuring Additional Features
For Account Plans and Tactics:
- Place the Account_Plan_vod field on the appropriate Call2_vod object page layout.
- Place the Account_Tactic_vod field on the appropriate Medical_Discussion_vod object page layout.
For Product Plans, Strategies, and Tactics:
- Grant FLS Read permission to the Active_vod field on the Product_Strategy_vod and Product_Plan_vod objects.
- Place the Product_Strategy_vod and Product_Tactic_vod fields on the appropriate Medical_Discussion_vod object page layout.
For Medical Events, place the Medical_Event_vod field on the appropriate Medical_Discussion_vod object page layout.
For custom picklists dependent on Product:
- Ensure the picklist values in the zvod_Product_Map_vod field on the Medical_DIscussion_vod object match all potential Detail Products and Detail Topics.
- Create a custom picklist field on the Medical_Discussion_vod object.
- Create a Field Dependency for the new custom picklist field and set the zvod_Product_Map_vod field as the controlling field and the new custom picklist as the dependent field.
- Select the values to display in the new custom picklist field based on each Product value.
- Place the new custom picklist field on the appropriate Medical_Discussion_vod object page layout.
Using Medical Discussions
Medical users can create new Medical Discussions to capture key components based on the Discussion type. This is done by creating multiple record types for the Medical Discussions object and granting users access to these record types. For each record type the user has access to, an Add record button displays next to that type. Selecting the Add record button creates a Medical Discussion record based on the page layout of the selected record type.
If the Record Type field is configured on the page layout as well, it displays as read only.
Users can add one or more Medical Discussion sections of differing types, as well as clone, edit, and delete existing Medical Discussions.
Validation rules can be created based on record type to provide added flexibility when creating different Medical Discussion types.
Products displaying in the Product_vod field are based on the user’s My Setup Products, including Detail and Detail Topic product types. If Detail Groups are configured, the Detail Group of the Product or Topic is appended to the Product Name, and the Detail Group field is updated with the corresponding Detail Group when the Product/Topic is selected.
For users aligned to multiple products, a search field provides the ability to filter the list based on Product name.
Account Plans and Tactics
Medical Discussions support the ability to relate an Account Tactic to a Medical Discussion record. When an Account Plan is selected on an Interaction Report, any associated Account Tactics become available in the Account Tactics field on the Medical Discussion.
If a selected Account Tactic is associated with any Call Objectives, and the Date of the Interaction is within the date range of the Call Objective, the Call Objective automatically displays.
Product Plans, Strategies, and Tactics
Product Strategies and Tactics can be associated to a Medical Discussion record. The values available for selection in the Product_Strategy_vod field are dependent on the value selected in the Product_vod field and are organized by Product Plan. The values available in the Product_Tactic_vod field are dependent on the value selected in the Product_Strategy_vod field.
Users are able to associate a Medical Event to a Medical Discussion via the Medical_Event_vod lookup field in the Medical Discussion section. If the Medical_Event_vod field on the Call record is populated, the Medical_Event_vod field on the Medical Discussion record defaults to that record. If the Medical_Event_vod lookup field on the Call Header is not populated, the Medical_Event_vod field displays a default list of all active Medical Events where at least one of the Accounts associated to the Call is an Event Attendee. If the desired Medical Event is not defaulted, a search field provides the ability to search across all Medical Events.
Product Dependent Picklists
Custom picklist fields can be configured to be dependent on the product selected in a Medical Discussion. The zvod_Product_Map_vod field serves as the controlling field for all custom dependent relationships. This field does not display on the page layout, and does not need to be placed on the layout for this feature to function. The picklist values of the zvod_Product_Map_vod field must match the names of all potential Detail Products and Detail Topics.
When a value is selected in the Product_vod field, the zvod_Product_Map_vod field is set to the same value, and all dependent picklists display based on the selected product.